Hey Kevin

Forkin' Crazy

You checked out one of these?

I've been flying it around the house here at my Mom's... Her cats like it! LOL!!!

The weights on for the front weren't enough, so I got a thumb tack on the nose. Don't use a sewing pin though, b/c my buddy did and shorted out the battery! :grin:

The only thing that pisses me off is when it first came out, it was 29.99.... Then people started buying the crap out of them, so they raised the price by $10!!! :x

K

Kevin from FL

Yep, got mine a few months ago before the price hike. My cat thinks it's a big bug :lol:

The tack was a little to much forward for me so I cut some small pieces of alluminum tape like came with it and added a few more to get the forward speed just were I wanted it. This thing is a hoot and you can't hurt it.

Just got the E-Sky Lama V3 a couple of weeks ago. Took a few days ouside when the wind wasn't blowing to get it trimmed out so it was safe enough to fly inside :) Out of the box it wanted to go backwards and hard left :shock: This thing takes some brain power to fly :mrgreen:

Forkin' Crazy

Hey, that thing is pretty cool. :grin:

I ran a R/C Simulator on heli mode, let me tell you, it takes a lot of input to fly them!!! Kind of like our boats. :grin:

I have the new Realfight R/C simulator. Going to practice a bit. Heck if I can drive an Allison, surely I can pilot one of these helis. :shock:

Forkin' Crazy

Mine was 39.99 from Radio Shack.

Hey, I got home, my den is half the size of my Mom's... took the tack off and went back to the tape, needs just a bit more I think... charging right now...LOL! My 10 year old son flew it for a battery cycle... I guess 3 or 4 min. Didn't kill it... I'm gonna put one some where in the tree for him! :grin:

The trim is my only problem... but it's something just to deal with... Can't wait to go to my buddy's hanger... big enough to house 2 King Air 200s... That should give it a range check. :lol:

:shock:

http://www.align.com.tw/html/en/c_rindexe.htm

Forkin' Crazy

Well, don't buya Picco. It lasted one day... Last night I had a mild crash which was too much for the tail rotor, which broke. This is OK, I thought, because it came with 2 spares. I replace it with a spare and the tail rotor became unresponsive... This made it impossible to fly as all it would do is spin and spin faster. I am returning it for a refund.

Just an FYI. :oops:

Forkin' Crazy

I think I am capable of putting the tail rotor on correclty. ;)

Took it back. The tail rotor would barely change speed..... or the sound of it wouldn't change like it would when it was new. Maybe when they get the bugs worked out of it...

I'll just stick to my sim until I get brave enough to get one of these.

K

Kevin from FL

Sims are a good tool. Hands on is way different, that's why I am working my way up to that kind of Heli.

B

BP

I had a roomate with an RC copter, and everytime he tried to fly that thing he did untold dollars in damage :lol: .
The funniest was when he tied one end of a rope to one of the copter skids and staked the other end of it into the ground. It ran out of slack real quick, you should have seen the mess.
He eventually bought a training stand and promptly lost interest in the whole deal. It ended up in the basement with his unfinished Panzer Tank and P-51 Mustang models :lol:
Wish I had video, he was a hoot.

K

Kevin from FL

Gary, I can only imagine how much money that guy went through getting that good with a heli. He has some very smart thumbs :)

After months of research on message boards, I found that the Lama was the best for beginners. I will attest that I wouldn't want to try anything harder to fly than this for learning. It's a tuff little bird and requires a great deal of electronic and mechanical trim setup so it will take off and hover without doing something stupid and crashing. After you get that done, it's pretty easy to fly after you train each thumb to do four different things at once :lol:

It's been a great challenge and I won without tearing it up :grin: I can now fly inside the house.

K

Kevin from FL

Man, that's one heck of a race right there. Now go find that clip :(

K

Kevin from FL

LMAO, .....you did good.

It's amazing what people can do with these things. Heck, I feel like i'm doing good not crashing everytime I lift off :)

GFinch

I can chew gum and I can walk, sometimes I can think out side the box. Butt, those three clips show alot of skill and dedacation.