Hi guys

Igetwet

Probationary User
Hi guys, been a lurker for a while but finally registered recently. Been a boater my whole life. Was raised on a 1984 17’ monark with a 140 evinrude VRO. Many years later, I’m passing the passion onto my 7 and 11yr old kids. Wife has been a boater her entire life as well. We have been incredibly blessed and have been able to own several jet boats, jet skis, and I/Os, but haven’t owned a O/B yea, where it all started.

Of course, like many it seems, I’m looking for a grand sport. I think one would be the perfect compliment to our Donzi 38 ZR. We take great care and pride in our vessels (refer to the donzi as my side piece, wife loves it), so if someone is thinking of selling, rest assured it’d be in good hands.

If anyone knows of anyone in the market for an extremely fun seadoo jet boat let me know. Twin 255hp.

Igetwet

Probationary User
Brought the 2016 GS Will1993 was selling home on Friday. She’ll get a deep cleaning, probably a couple touchups some rigging clean up and then hopefully by then it’s warmer out!18426

Igetwet

Probationary User
Thanks.

Yes it is big and the boat overall is tiny compared to what we’re used too. The plan was to find a 2.5 merc, but I grew impatient and do like the idea of turn-key, clean and a warranty until 7-2026!

wcarlyle

Supporting Member
You will love the boat. It is small, but so cool and very fast. Let us know how it performs with that motor. I would keep looking for a good 2.5 to lighten it up, then you would have the perfect set up. Be safe and wear your lifeline jackets.

Allyfishing

Wow you really found a winner. Looks immaculate. bit unchartered territory with a stock gearcase Yamaha SHO 250. I don't know much about the Grand Sport as far as engine height but I do know you need to be careful with that gearcase. I'm assuming you know all about "prop to pad" measurements so be sure to get those numbers as near perfect as you can. Stock lips on most earlier Allisons called for even or barely above the pad running. Hopefully more GS guys with experience will stop by and offer solid advice.
Welcome!!

Igetwet

Probationary User
Yea I know before I get too serious I will have to get the lower coned with good low water pickups. The water pickups on this lower are pretty much on the sides of the bullet.