Holeshot

wj225

pickwickangler

I am interested in your prop. I have been looking for a 28. Let me know if you still have the prop. I would love to try it (and buy it if it workd).

Bill

tomoad

Ran the 26 drag 4 tuesday, excellent prop. about the same as the 28 out of the hole, and very good midrange power.

jaybluez

Red, I just wanted to let you know that I did cut slits in the trophy and it helped out quite a bit. It now takes 1.5 seconds and she starts to spin up. Not to the point where she turns loose completely but it is a nice increase in holeshot to where you're not bogging for 5 or so seconds and the she decides to spin up like she used to. I did not cut the slits all the way to the exhaust holes, just from the edge of the prop to the shoulder right below the exhaust holes. Didn't have the gonads to go all the way but I'm very well pleased the way it is compared to the way it was. I don't know how she'll do w/ another person in the boat but it was me and full fuel and all fishing tackle so she should be OK w/ another person.

BigRedAlli

Tomoad, I seen you had the 26 drag IV for sale... :shock: If it's not working for you,you should call Billy @ performance.He usely gives a free tweeking with new props and is very experinced with Allisons.

Red, I just wanted to let you know that I did cut slits in the trophy and it helped out quite a bit.
jaybluez, glad you got that trophy to spin up for you.I haven't got up the nerve to cut mine up yet :lol: I'll probaly play with it some more when the weather cools off.Right now,i'm having fun with smaller props.
Marty...

tomoad

:D Prop works fine, and does everything thing even more than what I thought it would do, just seen for the first time last week they make a drag 3, and i really need a prop just for top end & playing, I have plenty of other props for fishing a such. i really would like to keep it but do not have the money for another one or i would. If i can sell it i'm either going to buy a drag 3 30 or buy Mike Arnold's ol' hoss triton, don't get me wrong the drag 4 is a wonderful prop works well. these $600 dollar props & up can cause divorces you know or at least a little dispute, when I'm hollowering about her credit card bills.

BigRedAlli

these $600 dollar props & up can cause divorces you know or at least a little dispute, when I'm hollowering about her credit card bills.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...Yea...I know what you mean.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

hack02

I bought a used prop not long ago and the guy sent it in a box that a chop saw came in. UPS dropped it here at the house and my wife said "your new tool is here". I never said a word.