Hoss Triton 1 vs Mazco RE4

boat doctor

Ok . I know both of them are different animals, but which one would be a better option on an Allison XR-2002 .

Acceleration, handling & top speed ??

Thyanks,
Boat Doctor:laughing

resqu-u

Triton hands down. I hated the 28 RE4 I ran on my XB2003. It had way to much stern lift and would never seem to take a set. Mid range was great though and would carry a fishing load pretty well. I ended up selling to run a 26 chopper for a fishing prop....

ally2dextreme

Triton hands down,i have 100 props,the triton that was on my boat when i bought it is my best prop

resqu-u

Chad I ran that thing high and low, I just never seemed to like the way it handled. It was box stock from Mazco. I like the way the 28RE3 and 26 Chopper2 run.

chad202

That's wierd cause I've ran several re4s and they all were some of the best handling props on my 03.

DragAlly02

The RE4 was on my xb2002 when I bought it handle like a dream great rough water wheel! Great Load carying prop with fantastic mid range.I would say the re4 very stable easy prop to run to date. The triton1 still my top choice, along with the RL cut by jc's. Different props for different things never have too many I guess. Jmho.. Different setsup = different results. All in all the RE 4 great prop.

Mike

boat doctor

Thinking to buy a RE4 24P , for excelent acceleration, better handling & good top speed, on the XR-2002 . to be used on weekend drag racing !

Expensive custom Prop ! ... The Triton 1 is in a similar $$$, that's why I would like to make an A+ decision !!

Tim Bostic

triton 1 ! The re4 is a stern lifting prop for loads i have ran booth

mike
i like a triton 1 as well as anything on my 2001.
triton hands down. I hated the 28 re4 i ran on my xb2003. It had way to much stern lift and would never seem to take a set. Mid range was great though and would carry a fishing load pretty well. I ended up selling to run a 26 chopper for a fishing prop....
triton hands down,i have 100 props,the triton that was on my boat when i bought it is my best prop

Yeah !!!..... What they said !!!!! (Of course, I might be partial????)

jas638

Banned
hoss props and allison boats !!!!!!!! go together like peanut butter and jelly!!!!!!

hey tim ,glad to see ya on the board.