how to route seastar hoses

mtolley

whats the best way?i see some that have used the original cable holes on the back of the wings and some that route thru the rigging slots in the middle rear compartment. any one got pics of how theres is routed. only want to do it one time. thanks! mike t

John S

I did mine through the cowl, they seemed to move back an forth better and look cleaner that way. I just capped the old holes with carriage bolts.

My .02

brotherxb03

I ran both hoses on the starboad side thru the support's the original cables were thru. I sealed the original steering gromet's with black silicone and came out the right side cup by the fuel cap.

mtolley

thanks guys. i got the helm mounted(had to massage the dash aliitle) and also got the cylinder mounted. ill get the hoses on next week, ansd waiting for the wheel and hub to get here. mike t

jimmyb

i think going thru the center pods is the easiest and cleanest way to mount the hoses...

i dont like running them thru the original holes because the cables will want to slide back and forth thru grommets... unless you have a really big "slack" loop in the hoses (which looks ugly, IMO). If the hoses can slide thru the grommets, then they will wear and water can get into the compartment... i dont like wet compartments

mtolley

i dont like wet compartments either! do the plugs that allison has keep the water out? i have thought about sealing the holes off from the backside and filling the holes with gelcoat and finishing to look as if the holes were never there, but it might not be worth the trouble. should i bring the hose out of the port or starboard side rigging slots? i have seen some pics of the hoses running thru the original cable grommets and the rubbing was my concern also. mike t

Butch Leslie

I ran mine through the 2 Allison gromets, and I put a little siclicone on the hoses and they slide back and forth just fine. No wear on the hoses. Butch Leslie

Texan

The plugs Allison sent didn't want to go in the cable holes. They seemed a little bigger and I had a hard time getting them to fit. I left the rubber grommets in, went to Lowe's and bought some rubber plugs to fit. I pounded them in flush. They are snug and you really have to look to see that they are there. Plus, it is a water proof seal.

As for the hoses, I ran them out the center pod.

JR

I ran mine through the 2 Allison gromets, and I put a little siclicone on the hoses and they slide back and forth just fine. No wear on the hoses. Butch Leslie
Same here also. The less setback you have the better they fit.
JR