Hull thickness xb2003

Jhanson

Just wondering the hull thickness and makeup of a 1998 xb2003? Thank you!

Jhanson

I was reading a few posts on other boats hull thickness and was curious to what the Allison xb2003 hull thickness was. Not sure if there is a specific measurement for the bow vs. the transom area or if it has a general measurements? Was looking for data in the web, but couldn’t find any measurements.

gmorgan

I was reading a few posts on other boats hull thickness and was curious to what the Allison xb2003 hull thickness was. Not sure if there is a specific measurement for the bow vs. the transom area or if it has a general measurements? Was looking for data in the web, but couldn’t find any measurements.
I believe that measurement would vary depending on the location the measurement is taken at. The console is thinner than the sides or bottom. If you’re asking how tough the hull is, that wont be a problem. Mine is 22 years old and has stood up to some very hard crashes in rough water, spine compressing type crashes. Still ticking with only the smallest of gel coat cracks in the top cap in high stress areas that can barely be seen.

Jhanson

I believe that measurement would vary depending on the location the measurement is taken at. The console is thinner than the sides or bottom. If you’re asking how tough the hull is, that wont be a problem. Mine is 22 years old and has stood up to some very hard crashes in rough water, spine compressing type crashes. Still ticking with only the smallest of gel coat cracks in the top cap in high stress areas that can barely be seen.
Thank you! I recently purchased a 1998 xb2003. Love it.

22R

I know the sides where the Allison Logo goes on a XB2002 is freaky thin. I saw a crashed one once years ago and was amazed how thin it looked. No where near as thick as cardboard. Tap right there on yours.

22R