Hummingbird Down Imaging?

Texan

I got an e-mail from H'bird that reads:

No longer just side to side, it's time to see 'Down Under!' Humminbird's patented Side Imaging

GotMyAlly

Yep, installed it on mine about a month ago. I haven't played with it a lot, but from what I can tell it just gives you a different perspective of the regular sonar view. The split screen with sonar on the left and down imaging on the right is nice. I still think you can pick out fish better with traditional sonar, but the imaging helps you ID different types of cover better.

Texan

Kewl! I'll have to get it installed prior to my March pilgrimage to Fork. Ought to be interesting.

Thanks, Neal.

allison xtb

Guys
Do you install the transducer on the troller or in the bottom of the boat? If its on the troller what does it do when you steer or change directions?
Gary

GotMyAlly

The SI transducer is installed on my jackplate. It has to be outside the boat, won't work in the hull. It's a big 'ducer, I wouldn't want it on my TM.

jimbob88

gary, go to bassboatcentral.com and go to the humminbird post. talks about all applications and very informative. pics and also when new updates are available. step by step instructions for stuff as well. jim

Texan

You can also search on Hummingbird SI here and get a bunch of useful info. There are more than one set of install photo's.

DaveW

There were a few disbelievers on the ability of Down Imaging to show fish down here.

This picture was taken today - sorta speaks for itself :cool (797, transducer mounted on jackplate).

Last edited: