Hydraulic steering hose - 18'

F2008

Finally got around to installing my new hoses with the bulkhead fittings made on the hose. Much neater look than running them thru grommets. Anyone need a pair of used 18 foot seastar hoses with no bulkhead fittings? $75 shipped.

Last edited:

F2008

Hmmmm, you couldn't see the pic? It was linked to the photo page on this site. Switched it to photobucket. See it now?

resqu-u

Don's boat is really nice. You can tell he takes his time and plans out the installs. Very nice Don! Bump to keep it up top for a great guy.

white03

Tell me more about what you did please. So you replaced the seastar hoses with new hoses? Where did you get the hoses and bulkhead connectors? Any more pics??

I'm very interested cause it looks so much better than running through the grommets!!!!!!!!!!!

F2008

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I really appreciate that.

Tell me more about what you did please. So you replaced the seastar hoses with new hoses? Where did you get the hoses and bulkhead connectors? Any more pics??

I'm very interested cause it looks so much better than running through the grommets!!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty much it. Took the old hoses out and ran the new ones (one down each side) that had the bulkhead fittings made on them. It's one full length hose (per side) that runs thru the fitting, not two hoses with a fitting in between.

Got the hoses here.
http://www.foreandaftmarine.com/UF-HOSEKITSBULKHEAD.htm

Don't have any others right now but let me know what other pics you'd like if you're going to do the same thing. If you're in doubt, do it, it really cleans up the steering rigging.

It's the same type install the factory is doing on the new boats. Saw them on Craigs boat and HAD to have them. :laughing

xb03

Real nice Don!! How many balls do you have 4?? On your boat that is!!

jas638

Banned
that looks great!!!! and ,pssst, your balls are showing :) ...

Jay Martin

I know I'm looking at this right, let me make sure I got this...The bulk head fittings come on the new hoses right, not an add on?

F2008

Yes Jay the bulkhead fittings must be put on the hose before the hose ends are crimped on because the hose is one piece and the hose ends will not fit thru the bulkhead fitting.