Hydraulic Steering in an XR.

Rusrog

I was wondering if anyone has tried to run Hydraulic steering on an XR Allison. I know some folks doing it on very fast XB2002's but no one I know of has tried it on a XR. Any thoughts?

I was just wondering if you used the Hi Pressure pump, the kevlar hoses, how much slop would there really be????

Thanks for any intelligent info...

Russ

XXXR2001

I think Keth Parker had it on his boat. I believe there are a couple of others in DSRA superstock/prostock that run it as well. The guy in this pick is one of them.....

Attachments

RedAllison

Yeah Pops is right. Paul has it in his XR and LOVES it.

Paul Nichols owns an Allison... I Just LOVE sayin dat!!! :beer::big grin:twisted evil:cool:
RA

merc2five

Yep Paul is running his well into the hundreds with hydraulic steering. Wait till the mota gets broke in ;-)

Ally Driver

Russ i asked the same question a while back. I had a hyd unit i wanted to try but it seemed like i would have needed some bracing for the helm area if i removed the ruide guide racks. I think they give it a little support.
ps. Gman has Keth's boat now. One of them could tell u more.
Dave.

Rusrog

Re: Hydraulic Steering in an XR. In recent news...

I just talked to a friend of mine that told me a deal from Allison regarding a mod that is done to hydraulic helms that increases the 'feel' and is now being offered and accepted by Allison.

I haven't heard anything else but will be calling Allison soon get the scoop on it. Does anyone from Allison actually look\post on this board? I was just curious...

Russ

lightening rod

Yes, they do look. I do not think Darris is recommending it on the 2002's or the XR's because of the stick trim on the helm and not being able to put the trim switch's on the wheel. (that was the last I heard anyways)