hydraulic where to buy

doubletrouble

where can i buy a complete system for xb2003 besides getting it at
allison dealer. seems they are alittle pricey. Doubletrouble in Tn.

bishopg

I would have to agree! I go mine through Allison. It has the complete change over kit including trim switches and steering wheel.

fastguy

I bought mine elsewhere, when all was said and done the Allison kit would have been as "Cheap" as the other route. All of the parts would have been there at the start, way less hassle.

George

JR

When I installed mine, Allison wasn't blessing hydraulic steering. Today I would use their kit due to having the steering wheel bushing etc...
JR

Rolf

Get it from Bill @ Allison,complete kit with correct modified ram, kevlar hoses get the turn signal trim/lift switches.Cheaper/safer in the long run.

JGray

I haven't posted much since I bought my first Allison and joined the board last year, but this one got my attention. I just completed the hydraulic steering conversion in my XB2003. I work part time for a local dealer and priced out the SeaStar helm, cylinder and hose kit at "wholesale" prices, and talked to Bill at Allison about ordereing everything else (steering wheel, trim switch, etc.). I thought I would save $ by ordering the major cost items locally where I can get dealer pricing, but found that ordering the whole package directly from Allison was no more, and if anything, a little less. The conclusion I came to is that Allison can't be marking up the SeaStar components much, if at all. My experience is that you won't do any better than ordering from Allison.

Jerry

doubletrouble

Hydro steering price

Done some checking, Everthing but wheel and bushing for 1,047 shipped.
1,295 with wheel and bushing plus tax and shipping from allison.125.00
tax for me in Tn. 1,439.00 total. I ORDERED it from allison today.
what the heck its only money and i need to help keep up the pollitions
and stuff. That price 1,047.00 was out of FL. Thanks for all the info.
Doubletrouble in Tn. :roll:

msethsmile

Funny Guy
hydraulic

$1500!!, I'll stick with my tiller. That's why I went with a xb2003, from the back seat I can reach the tiller.

FlatOutAlly

doubletrouble......you'll be up and running with the new steering A LOT SOONER this way, too. Gotta be worth SOME bucks, no?

When I order something from Bill, I know I'm going to get it on time and right. He's never let me down, unlike (pretty much all) other boat manufacturers I've dealt with. Thanks for the service, Bill. You too, Darris and Nancy.

JGray

There is definitely something to say about that. Had I ordered locally, they would have had the helm, cylinder and hoses coming from 3 different locations (shipping charges x3), plus more parts from Allison. I knew by ordering from Allison everything would be there and I would receive it when I needed it. I placed the order with Bill on Tuesday afternoon and told him I needed it by Friday so I could get it done over the weeekend. All parts arrived in one box on Friday, I finished bleeding the system Sunday evening, and lake tested on Monday. Our season is short here and I don't like being down this time of year - Allison delivered as promised (don't ask me about the shipping charges for 2nd day delivery - Bill said it was gonna hurt!).

GotMyAlly

I got mine for under $900 from surplus unlimited, but I did have to use two different vendors. Hoses, cylinder, helm, and turn style trim switch came from surplus unlimited, and my steering wheel adapter was ordered from Summit. Due to a backorder on the steering adapter, I was off the water for 2 weeks (my fault due to starting the project before i had all the parts).