Hydro Dynamics Hydraulic Jack Plate

Tim Powell

I installed a 10" Hydro Dynamics Hydraulic Jack Plate on my XB21 over the weekend. Last fall I installed the 8" version but I decided to step it up to the 10".

Here are a few pics from the install:

Out with the old:

Removed...what a mess to clean up.

Unboxing:

Mounted:

Livorsi Sending Unit installed:

Engine mounted, plate all the way up. This is about 3" above the pad. I will remeasure today and confirm.

LSS Bottom Plate, this is with plate all the way up and trim all the way down:

I mounted the lss2 to the LSS plate:

A few pics from the Livorsi gauge install:

I made a jig to help keep the hole saw straight while I enlarged the hole. The cmc gauge used a 2" hole and the new Livorsi gauge required a 2-5/8" hole.

Pulled the wheel, hub, and pro trim. I was able to rotate the pro trim and tie it off to one of the windshield bolts...this kept the pro trim from rubbing against the drill chuck.

I just sat the gauge in the hole for now, I ran out of time today....I'll pull the sending unit harness up through the boat and route it to the gauge and tie it all up tomorrow afternoon.

I am almost done! Just need to secure the gauge, route and finish the wiring, and secure the cables coming from the jackplate. I plan on using 3/4" black wire loom from the transom grommet to the jackplate to clean things up.

twsykes

Hi Tim,
What do you think about this setup? I have the 8 inch CMC right now and the gauge is junk and I am not thrilled with the plate speed either. Thinking of changing and curious to what you think about this plate, setback and gauge. I have the Merc monitor stuff installed where all gauges come into the Lowrance and I am going to convert the gauge reading over to a trim tab reading but how accurate is yours. Just wonder if you do this same thing or get something different.