hydromotive prop question

Speedman

got a 28 T4X-OT. I started with 2 plugs in it and it blows out alot when I go on plane before it hooks up. I put 2 more in and had the kids and all their junk in the boat and it blew out even more? Should I take them all out? I spoke with Todd once when I got it, but forgot 1/2 of what he said. He did say that with my set up, a 225 promax with some mods, 8" setback, sportmaster stock, that I could raise the engine 2" above the pad? I am no tech expert at all but it seems that everyone on here barely raises it more than 1/2" above the pad? Does anyone have any ideas on this? It handles great and there is much less torque above 80 mph, I just don't like the engine crazy revving on take off.

Also, whats the deal on SM mods? I here you guys talk about them all the time. what exactly do they do? If it is just cutting here and there, can one do it themselves?. I read that Sandersons mod will give more top end, less torque and Darris himself getting in on it. Is it just the way they cut them? doesn't sound like rocket science??

Thanks in advance for any input !

TBuck2003

Speedman,

Call me I think we are getting some things confused here.I am pretty sure I did not tell you to raise motor on an Ally to 2" above pad,that is certain trouble.Do you have the QIV-OT ? 4 blade cleaver style? or another model.Be more than happy to take the time to get you squared away.330-425-3629 Looking forward to talking with ya,Thx

TBuck

Speedman

So I guess TBuck is THE Todd? I appreciate the time you took away from your day the first time, I didn't want to be a pain calling back! I will though next week. I really love the prop and the quality is 2nd to none!

Speedman

Oh and by the way, another friend who just got one from you that had a blow out ring or something on it that was a custom order that the guy never picked up and you gave him a hell of a deal even though you could have sold him a new stock one is VERY happy with the prop. He has it on his bullet with a 250 and after cracking 3 Merc props will NEVER go back! Thanks again for him!

RedAllison

Yep Tbuckimus is DAT Todd and they don't make em any finer (well ceptn for his pops Mr. Thom he as good as dey come as well).

Alot of us Alliophiles is already believers in Mr. Thom and Todd's products because dey one of us and been members of "da family" for years. But we slooooowly convertin and openin da eyes of dem ol Bullet boys as well!!! :at the bar
RA

ps
And yes any Alli bein ran 1.5"+ above pad is about to do a REALLY GOOD helicopter impression!!! (Sans da landin gear)

Last edited: