Hydromotive Prop Review

Bob Ant

I wanted to report on a prop that Todd at Hydromotive let me borrow for the Jasper River Run. It was his own personnel prop. It was a 28 T-3X (14.5 X 28). It is an over the hub type prop. Because I unbalanced my boat so bad trying to get it light for the Jasper river run I was only able to air it out this weekend after putting my 2 trolling batteries back(on the port side) in the boat and re-attaching the trolling motor.

I have a 2003 XB 280 HP stock motor 20 inch mid. I was able to reach a max speed of 99 miles per hour, the fastest I have ever gone. This was with 3 batteries, onboard charger, few crappie rods ,and a live well half full with 2 poor crappie in it.

I love this prop. I usually run a 28 real ET and the fastest I have ever gone was 97.something with all the stuff I had in the boat.

I know this sounds like BS but I was not even trying to set a high speed mark for myself. I was running from one fishing spot to the next and slowly I kept edging up my speed(like normal). At about 85 I just keep the petal to the floor and let it all hang out. I honestly didn't know I went that fast until I stopped and looked at the saved high speed. If I knew I was that fast I would have blown right by the fishing spot and tried to hit 100 with a little trim. Never done it yet but I know I'm going to.

Anyhow , if you're lookin for some big numbers this the best prop I have ever run. If you're interested talk to Todd yourself. He has run the same prop(remember it's his) and his results on his boat were just as impressive. I can't wait to get my own.

Bob Anthony

BigRedAlli

OK Tod.....I've got to try that prop :grin: :grin: :grin:

Bob... Congrat' on the new top end... !-! Just makes you want 100 even more :lol:

Marty...

Bob Ant

The hard part is putting it in a box and sending it back. I'm having a hard time finding that box. :)

Thanks Todd.

Bob

FLYING BUTCHER

280 props

Just wanted to let "you all" (Texan now) that several of us are headed up to see Froggy and Dave at Hoss props Thursday to do some testing and BSin. Dave is working on a "fishin" prop for 2003s runnin 280s. I just finished doing a lot of testing with different props last week as I moved my engine back to 14 1/2" setback. Here are some numbers, oh yea here is what I was carrying, trolling motor, 3 batteries, extra prop, all the seats were in, 6 plano boxes FULL in tackle compartment up front, 6 plano boxes FULL in rear compartment, 10 rods, and heavy duty rain gear!!--darn old 26 Hoss prop I bought off S&F 99.6 mph, beat up and I mean beat up (John you can testify) 26 Trophy 97.5 mph!! mother was smokin. Can't wait to see what Dave comes up with for "new fishin" prop!! I will let you all (here we go again with the you all) what we end up with. Keep the open side up!

FLYING BUTCHER

sorry

Hey sorry I jumped in on your post on different props, should have started a new post

LAAllison

Is there a T-3X 30 pitch? My setup is a GS with 225SM and I know that JR gets the best performance from a 30" on his. What do you think?
And Butcher try "Yall"

Art

Roll Tide

J

John Richied

All I know is Butch (Bill Mason) brought his rig to Kennewick (my hometown) back in March of this year.
Bill ran his 26 Trophy on his rig and Randy drove Bill's rig with a 28 Lightning ET and "The Flying Butch" out drove Randy… :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Butch drives the heck out of his Allison!!! And that's a fact Jack!

Bob Ant

Hey Pinkie, Are you talking about a 2002 or a 2003? From my experience I think the 2003 needs a little bit more bow lift than the 2003,and thats why the et performs a little better on the 2002 than the 2003.

Bob A.

Larry33kc

What would be the best prop for a 98 2003 w/ a 98 225 pro max ss, I am running a 30" chopper now. I only fish out of it so that is how I want to prop it

whipper

LARRY

Larry there is several props that would work good for your xb2003 with a 225. On my 225 Pro Max XS2003 a 28 4 blade works way better than a 30 three blade for hole shot, mid range punch and carrying a load. I can carry at least twice the wieght and still get a better hole shot with a 28 drag 4 than I can lightly loaded with a Ally cut 30 chopper. I havent tryed too many props though I believe this is the case with most 3blade vs 4 blade. I have been doing a lot of reading about this not trying them all out {unfortunatly}. If you live were you can try a few props out I would look at, 26 trophy,28 drag 4 by Performance, and the new 15 inch hub 28-30 Quad 4 buy Hydromotive. My next prop will be the new Hydromotive in a 30. Call Tod at Hydomotive and he will steer you in the right direction. Three blade props are the fastest top end but more blades incresses your effitiency and with some like the new Hydromotive are only a few mph slower top end and accell in all the other areas over a 3 blade. I have a 25 trophy that I like but but prefer the 28 drag4 over it. The new 15 inch hubbed hydomotive is supost be a hot ticket right now. Call Tod. Quad IV X OB 28. Thats my take on it anyway. James

WT

BEST PROP

I tell you what I have run.
I have the same boat & motor with 14" setback
26" Trophy worked by DAH. I can load the boat heavy 4 people and hole shot is great so is the Excelleration 84MPH GPS . 86mhp GPS Med load
27" Hydromotive Quad four OT custom. This prop to my suprise is the best holeshot prop. It has cleaver blades and I thought it would not do good. This prop handles Great with great excelleration.no top end number yet
28" Performer 3 blade good excelleration. hole shot ok with med load
89MPH GPS @ 6500RPM great bow lift.
28" Yammy Drag. Fair hole shot. Great excelleration up to 80mph and it stops pulling. I would not recommend this for fishing
27" Trohpy B&B. This one would not spin out of the hole. poor excelleration.
29" Spinelli DR4 poor hole shot Great excelleration
28" Performer 3 blade with Bullet Cut. I have not Tried it Yet.

My opion the Hydromotive Quad four OT custom is great for fishing med load. I put out some threads and ask before I bought one. I was steered away from the OB style round ear by someone on fastbass. I ordered a the OT cleaver type. I got the custom that is B&B thinned and polished and sharpened for $120.00 more. I paid $595.00 from pitstop marine. when I got the prop I looked at it and the first thing I thought was needs Cup for holeshot. The first time I tried it was with med load. I was impressed it spun just a little was on plane in one boat length. It handled great and when I got on the pad it was rock solid. I was very impressed. :lol:
through the Hub is usually better holeshot.
2nd Fishing Prop is the 26" Trophy worked by DAH
You will get all kinds of answers when asking about props. Call Todd at Hydromotive
You can also check on the FnR Real deal Props.
http://www.sandersonpropeller.com/salesProp.html
Robbie
I talked to him too. He is straight up. I almost bought one of them but I committed to the Hydromotive.
The FNR have not been on the market long so alot of people have not run them. There is a thread on this board about them
Hope this helps

J

John Richied

And to date the fact is … you can NEVER try too many props on your rig.

The prop reviews are great! Keep them coming. :p