Hydromotive props feedback

halfast

The best !!!!! owned a few now. Call Todd, very knowledgeable and great to deal with. One of the best driving props I have tried. I have used them on a couple of types of boats(cats,deep v's) with much success !

GotMyAlly

I've got a 28" I run on my 03/225X. It'll run 93-94 with a one man fishing load, and it really doesn't drop off but 1-2 mph when you add the second person (as long as they don't pack a BPS tackle department).

xs03mich

the best..

I have 27 tx4 on my grandsport. Great prop, Great hole shot and lift, great people to deal with, you will be more than satisfied with your purchase.

K

Kevin from FL

I've been running a 28 Quad IV OT for two years and love it on XB-2003.

As has been said, Todd and Thom are great people to deal with.

Jimxb02

Also have the 28 Quad 4 O/T on my XB02. Great prop, carries load, good top end, and good in rough water.

call Todd, he will get you the right prop for what you want to do.

Jim

RobShaw

Just got off the phone with Todd @ Hydromotive

Thanks to people like GMA and Kevin, I called Hydromotive and not only bought a 28 Quad IV OT but received some welcomed advice on set-ups and balancing from Todd.

Thanks all!

:grin: :grin:

XB2003
Merc 225X

K

Kevin from FL

Thanks Rob,

You can't go wrong with Thom and Todd. The boyz will hook you up.

Hope all is well.

PS: Love the Avatar, it fit's nice with the Ally :grin:

tomoad

interested in hear about you all's holeshot with these quad 4 OT. Is the holeshot anything like a tempest. my motor has a slight bog to it when the throttle is floored, then spools up, not anything bad or drastic maybe for about a second. just wondering?

WT

Hole shot is awsome

Hole shot on the Quad IV O/T is great on my boat. Here is some info
:)
I will tell you what I have run.
I have 14" setback
26" Trophy worked by DAH. I can load the boat heavy 4 people and hole shot is great so is the Excelleration 84MPH GPS . 86mhp GPS Med load
27" Hydromotive Quad four OT custom. This prop to my suprise is the best holeshot prop. It has cleaver blades and I thought it would not do good. This prop handles Great with great excelleration.no top end number yet
28" Performer 3 blade good excelleration. hole shot ok with med load
89MPH GPS @ 6500RPM great bow lift.
28" Yammy Drag. Fair hole shot. Great excelleration up to 80mph and it stops pulling. I would not recommend this for fishing
27" Trohpy B&B. This one would not spin out of the hole. poor excelleration.
29" Spinelli DR4 poor hole shot Great excelleration
28" Performer 3 blade with Bullet Cut.

My opion the Hydromotive Quad four OT custom is great for fishing med load. I put out some threads and ask before I bought one. I was steered away from the OB style round ear by someone on fastbass. I ordered a the OT cleaver type. I got the custom for $120.00 more. When I got the prop I looked at it and the first thing I thought was needs Cup for holeshot. The first time I tried it was with med load. I was impressed it spun just a little was on plane in one boat length. It handled great and when I got on the pad it was rock solid. I was very impressed.
through the Hub is usually better holeshot.
2nd Fishing Prop is the 26" Trophy worked by DAH
You will get all kinds of answers when asking about props. Call Todd at Hydromotive

Last edited:

WT

A couple of miles an hour I guess. 2-3mph. I know that I like the four blades becuase it is easier to drive. It takes some time to get use to each one. If you want speed I would recommend that you find a ET or Chopper and get it worked by a Good Prop shop. For a good all around Prop I would recommend a Hydromotive Quad IV O/T(Call Todd). It will still give you good top end numbers.

Hope this helps

Jimxb02

The Hydromotive Quad4 O/T with a medium to light load or strong motor will get good top end. I had a modified 2.5 liter carb motor with 250+ HP on a XB2002 that ran 99-100 MPH with a 28" quad4 O/T.

Jim