Hydromotive TX4

Dark Allison

i have a small hub Hydromotive TX4 for sale $425.00 Ted in the USA . It's a 28 pitch. I'll post a pitch later today

whipper

The finish on the T4X is top shelf and made to last and run fast!! The XB and XS 03 with a 200- 225 PM combo would be the perfect match for these props. 260 small shaft ect..If Todd still made these props {cost Prohibitive} with a fat shaft 32-36 pitch the guys with go fast 300-400R motors would be all over them is my bet!! Hears a pic of one they are a thing of beauty!! The drag4 is a copy of these props now. Not as high quality as the T4X though but still a decent prop. i mean look at this work of art!!
HydromotiveT-4X30pitch005.jpg

whipper

Ya it was my screen saver.. haha Not to many look this polished im sure Mr Overalls runs great though!! The 28 drag4 i bought off him was the best one ive ever had. Regardless they all can be shined up with a little spit polish and elbow grease.. That pic was one right out of the box new pretty much.. They were around a $1000 prop!! ;)

Freebird

Bet its a beast on a sport boat with a promax.;)
Hopefully this rain will stop sometime this weekend, and I can try it out. I've tried a Trophy 26, but it just felt strangely disconnected at the a$$ end like it was on the edge of doing something really exciting. I'm sure this prop will carry the boat differently, but we'll see.

Freebird

Thanks! You're welcome to try this one if we find ourselves on the same stretch of water sometime.

Freebird

Finally got a chance to run the prop today, and it definitely feels better than anything else I've run to date. Great hole shot, and plenty of lift. Saw 82.6 and was still pulling... when I ran out of gas... literally. At least she laid down nicely with minimal excitement.

Long story, but my next project is fixing my gas gauge. Still getting goofy tach readings too, so I don't know what I was turning. Felt good once it took a set though, and there's more speed to be had.

whipper

James have you tried the drag3 uncut? Mines on its its 3rd year as my go to prop but thinking a little tip cup might make it even better for carrying a load? Solo and two up its perfect. add more than one passenger and performance decreases lot. So great for 90+ % of my boating. that bullet cup drag4 i bought years ago from you shouldn't have sold either. :D

Freebird

Freebird were you trying to squeak a few more MPH out of it running it on empty?
I didn't know I was running on empty and neither did my gas gauge! LOL I thought I had filled it up after I ran it last, and my gauge showed full. When I lost power, I hit the switch again, and it showed empty. Gotta problem somewhere for sure.