I broke a curse last night

SmallJaw

I've joked an awlful lot this summer about how often I have lost 1st place in tournaments by a pound or even an oz. It got pretty crazy when last week I took 2nd place for the 7th time this year. Zero first. I've had big fish in several but the 1st place honors always seem to go to somebody else. Not any more! Got the #1 last night with my buddy Junior Beene. 16# even. This smallmouth was nice and our biggest fish at 5-4, but it didn't even win big smallmouth. I just knew when I caught it about 4 cast into the tournament that it was gonna be a good night.:wink

Attachments

SmallJaw

Damm! you have some nice Brown Bass there. Speaking of.... is that a dam for a lake above the one your fishing? How deep is the water at the dam, above ..below?
That indeed is Wilson Dam in the background. The water in the area immediately below the dam ranges from 5' to 10' or so till you get a few miles down river. Above the dam on Wilson, the water right at the dam is about 60' or so if I remember right. I haven't fished much there in several years but you can tell it's pretty deep.

max200

Congrats on the win! Got a couple of second places in a few inshore tourneys but never been top dog. its gotta feel good!

SmallJaw

Congrats on the win! Got a couple of second places in a few inshore tourneys but never been top dog. its gotta feel good!
Any time you are in the hunt and the leaders have to look over their shoulders for you, you are winning already. Consistency is the name of the game. I'm betting you get top dog honors sooner than later.:wink