"I like Ike" lmao...

RedAllison

I think Mike "Ike" Iaconelli is a MORON and surely showed his true colors this weekend at the BM Classic. "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" IMHO should NOT have been grounds for DQ'n his catch on Friday. I think he shoulda been DQd for the ENTIRE event and sent home too momma. Ike has done alot to attract youngsters too the sport, but at what cost? He has always been "at heads" with the tournament directors and ANYTIME they simply enforce those rules as he breaks them, he goes into a tirade about how they are just picking on him and blah blah blah...

I am FURIOUS that that lil halfpint of a man had the balls to throw Old Glory into the lake without concern! I think B.A.S.S. should take further repremands on him to make an example out of him. NASCAR has now become just like everyother professional sport and is full of crybabies and rulebenders with attitudes. I think for the most part professional bass fishing has been able to stay away from such childish participants. But more and more it's the "Ike"s that are getting the attention and that is simply all they want... ATTENTION.

So like ANY child does when doing bad for attention, you just yank them up, spank their butt and send them too bed whimperin!!! :wink:
RA

yellow20xd

RedAllison, I guess there is some truth in what your saying but........Most of us will never know the preasure these guys are under in that situation. To open his livewll and find all of his fish dead. Put youself in his shoes for a minute. No excuse for throwing the flag but maybe he just did;nt realize it was there. A better question is why were all the fish dead. That is just unlikely to happen

RedAllison

Y20 all his fish weren't dead, only 2. Mike admitted to NOT turning on the livewell pumps!!!

Sooooooooo since that WAS the case, then we could only take his fit to mean he was mad at himself? If that was the case then why did he badmouth BASS for DQn him because of his own reaction to his own Fups??? As for NOT seeing the flag, it was on his running light and he kicked the pole out of the base and then bent it in a nice 90 degree angle and then threw BOTh ends into the lake.

I would say he knew DAMN well what he was doin. PLUS his answer too the press after being DQd? "Well I don't know yet, I haven't spoken too my lawyers!!!

THAT does it for me,
RA

GFinch

Couldn't be his fault , just ask him.

He gets the press by being the jerk he is.

If the camera/press wasn't there do you think most of his actions would have taken place.

Unfortunatly less and less boys turn into men these days.

A Man does the right thing even if no one is looking.

You can exchange the word lawyer for mommy.

Leigh

Let's face it when sports figures put themselves outhere in the big time for the big bucks they get publicity. Thats how they keep sponsors, spnonsors expect and deserve something for thier money. I don't blame the spnosers after the fit I saw played on the TV, he knew he waw being filmed he knew people were watching, what is happening when you can't sit down and watch BASS with the entire family. I know that if I had kids and they acted like that over dead fish or Jeffrey either for that fact they wouldn't do it but once. What does profressionals acting that way say to our children and others about the sport of bass fishing?

Speedman

I wrote all his sponsors and told that I think he is bad for the sport. The only one who replied was Berkely and stated how great he was for the sport! I replied I will never buy a berkley product again! Thank god he isn;'t sponsored by senko!

yellow20xd

Speedman said:
I wrote all his sponsors and told that I think he is bad for the sport. The only one who replied was Berkely and stated how great he was for the sport! I replied I will never buy a berkley product again! Thank god he isn;'t sponsored by senko!
Man, I don't understand. Ok he made a mistake. Is it necesarry to ruin hi whole career over that mistake. Reverse the rolls. I know you would have never done that. Well thats hard to say because most of us will never be in that situation. Any fisherman who says he has never let out a cuss word or acted like he wanted to throw his rod down because he just lost a 10 pounder is a lier. Guys this is a sport emotions run high, It happens in football racing and look at that idiot Barry Bonds in baseball. He made a mistake, he apologized give him a chance you don't have to buy his book Barry Bonds should be banned for life for his actions but is still playing

KY_XB2003

I like him.............dont like what he did.............sometimes get tired of him screaming giant giant over a 2 lb fish.....but I have read so many internet posts from people who have seen him in person and all they say is how they cant stand him, but talk about how many of the big names such as Clunn and others were rude to them, while Ike stayed for two or three hours signing autographs for kids after everyone else was long gone.........I've heard the same thing over and over.........people say every time they see him, he stays until the last fan has met him or gotten their autograph..........One person said they tried to speak to Clunn on the pier and he wouldnt even look at them.....another said he told them "If I talk to you, I have to talk to everyone".........well...apparently....Ike does.

yellow20xd

KY_XB2003 said:
I like him.............dont like what he did.............sometimes get tired of him screaming giant giant over a 2 lb fish.....but I have read so many internet posts from people who have seen him in person and all they say is how they cant stand him, but talk about how many of the big names such as Clunn and others were rude to them, while Ike stayed for two or three hours signing autographs for kids after everyone else was long gone.........I've heard the same thing over and over.........people say every time they see him, he stays until the last fan has met him or gotten their autograph..........One person said they tried to speak to Clunn on the pier and he wouldnt even look at them.....another said he told them "If I talk to you, I have to talk to everyone".........well...apparently....Ike does.
I met him at the Bass Bass master technique school a cople years ago and he was very nice guy and made an effort to talk to everyone who talked to him and signed autograghs

RedAllison

Ranger terminated their contract with him Monday after the Classic and then about 2 days later Toyota yanked their deal with him as well. I was on the lake the other day and I could've swore I saw "Ike" sittin on a yellow Hi-guard bucket, fishin from the bank! :p

Bein a Classic winner (03) I am sure SOMEONE will pick him up, any word yet on who?

I think he "deserves" a Nitro!!! (Just ask Pinkie... they RULE!) :wink:
RA

yellow20xd

Tiger Woods seen slinging golf ball in lake today and mumbling words after making bad shot. Wonder if Nike will drop him Monday. Was shown on CNN

RedAllison

As long as Tigers ball didn't have "Ol Glory" on it, I could care less. Hell if puttin golf balls in the drink is illegal than I should be servin life in San Quinton...

I hate the comparisons of pro-fishing too other major sports. I hope we can KEEP IT AWAY from such comparison and keep it a "gentleman sport" but with guys like Ike and that punk lookin Jason Quinn, it's just a matter of time before BASSMASTER is no different than anything else on ESPN!!!
RA

yellow20xd

RedAllison that is where we kinda agree. I don't like the look of Jason Quinn either or alot of the pro athletes. i just believe he made a mistake and paid a HUGE price and it is done. That shouldn't ruin his career. He is a great fisherman and a nice guy if you ever meet him. He is also very intelligant and that is why it was obvious it was just his emotions