I want to be an Allison Owner

Scott in MN

I can't say every coned CLE is glitchy, I know mine was, but it never really blew out on me. Generally things would only happen when approaching 100 and you were stringing it out (perfect time for things to happen right?). My JC 200 is much more forgiving, it gives a person confidence in the upper speeds (maybe not always a good thing). Last weekend things were quite windy and I was not going to really loosen the boat up but even with the wind and waves pushing on the boat it was controllable at speeds I'm not going to post here.
Iowafshr, you were at both Jewell races weren't you? If I remember right you caught the racing addiction, let the fun begin. Learning to drive with that CLE when you switch to the 200 case you will find plenty of improvement. If it's alright PM me your e-mail/address, I would like to add you to the club list.

Last edited:

xb03fs

Scott, thank you for your input with my 200 on an xb2003 I doubt Ill ever be flirting with 100. 85 and change is the best I run when the water is cooperating and most days are 83/84. The boat is still responding when I raise the motor so there may be a little more with my 27 OT

Last edited:

whipper

So that's why all those mastercrafts and ski nautiques have foot throttles.
Because they are 3 dressed up as a 9. :big grin They arnt Allisons is a good answer also. The guys buying them care more about the stereo than the hull and performance. Oh and they are mass produced boats that will not last like an Allison. Maybe the Nautiques? They have perfict pass for the most part set it and auto piloit. One hand no feet. Im sure you could set up an Allison with it also but why bother. For sking the course recreationaly its not needed. Theres guy I know who has skied behind my GS that used to be the Canadian Slolom champ. He said he loved my wake. He has a Ski Nautique. I could keep him within a MPH of 35 no problem with the foot and he was laying it over hard!!

xb03fs

foot trottles are great, much easier for accurate trottle control and only takes a couple trips to get used to.

90 5.0

Re: Update

Just figured I'd post an update. Since I purchased the boat in April I've spent some time on setup, and tried some different props. Recently ran a best of 89.8, and can cruise with the fiance sitting next to me at 83. I'd like to thank msethsmile for helping me with setup and his seemingly endless supply of props to try, and I couldn't have done it without him:at the bar This has been one of the best summers ever, and I am not looking forward to the long Iowa winter.

I also just learned that we have a new basscat dealer in town, and one of the guys who just ordered his wants to be the fastest bass boat in Des Moines :laughing and he knows about me now. I don't know if I'm officially the fastest, but I wouldn't mind if smile would put his 260 back together to take some pressure off me :big grin

Here's a vid my buddy took last weekend:
http://www.youtube.com/user/djones8200#p/a/u/1/yek_q8OSNHY
my merc mechanic is a basscat dealer, they put a eyra with a 300 together for one of their customers that runs pretty good, i've yet to catch it on the lake yet though to see if it runs what he claims..

90 5.0

foot trottles are great, much easier for accurate trottle control and only takes a couple trips to get used to.

i've gotten foot cramps on long runs before, only time i miss the old hand throttle is on long river cruises where we run 100 miles in a day

msethsmile

Funny Guy
tillers are hard on the wrist, especially when a good slolom skier makes hard cuts. Multiply this by five if you're in a ski tournament, all those passes...

whipper

Dealers can order them for you. A little pricy but well well worth it!!! Theres copys of manual for not quite half the price but spend the little extra and get the real oringinal one. Nice to have.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Iowa--
I've got the service manual for that motor if you want to browse.

Last edited:

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Just came from Blazer dealer. 202 was on the floor and he was on the phone ordering a 300xs, 1.75 sporty, 30 lightning et. Do the math. He's thinking about advertising 'fastest bass boat in Iowa.'

I see the blazer has the 'flying w' pad. I wonder where that came from?