insurance time again

Speedman

o.k once again I need some insurance options, need a policy for my xb2002, 225 promax, not some company that will only do it with my homeowners, car, life, health and accidental death insurmce...just a compnay who will write a 90 mph boat! tried to go with a company in Canada but they kept changing quotes and prices day by day! So who's out there? Thanks, Gary

lundy02

I have progresive xb2002 260 2/5 300 a year. agent came to my house to see boat he asked me how fast it went i said you are my ins agent i am not going to tell you he said that was fine . nice guy

deadeye99

USAA then Proggresive canceled my 03 when I put the 280 on. I called a company called Ski Safe. No Problems. Bob

Speedman

Lundy, check your policy! I have always had to provide speed info, if somewhere on your policy there is a stated speed below what you are capable of doing, they can deny a claim,

lundy02

I filed A claim when i snaped the skeg off ( seeing how fast i could turn the boat without getting thrown out about 55 ) the agent came to look at it he wanted me to have one welded . I said no thanx i will just buy a new case. that is when the speed issue come up. when i got the policy it was over the phone with some girl that wanted to tell me how she just met randy johnson.(the pitcher) she must have forgot that was 4 years ago

Speedman

still no luck

SKi safe said they don't do Allison's?

Sounds like progressive didn't ask or require any info on speed, but there might be something about it in the policy, I'll try

Speedman

need more help

Ski safe said my boat was too old!

Progressive did not list Mass as a state on the website that they do business with??

Do you think anyone at Allison would have any leads, after all ,they sell em!

Gary

ziemer

I have mine through Boat/U.S. and it's about $400 a year.

vcrash

hey ziemer, im paying 600.canadian 450 us for my ss with evrything and thats through farmers mutual

allisondog69

farm bureau don't care about boat type ,motor or speed ,, they ask how much you want to insure it for and go by a so much per dollar value and wha la, insured, i pay 300 a year no questions asked.for a 1997 2003 225 pm.cose i did save the trouble and say it'll do around 65 , didn't lie...

Speedman

Ziemer, I to have it through Boat US and stated it does 70 mph, but if something should happen above that speed they will deny the claim based on you not disclosing the true speed, I have seen this happen and is why I want a legitimate policy, It is a shame that we own the best built safest speed boats in the world and from the looks of it, most of us have to lie to get insurance, yeh I could put a 24 pitch 5 blade and do 60, but who am I kidding, I want an honest policy, got a family, house and alot to lose if something should happen, I don't want them at risk, I'll try the others, Thanks

Speedman

vcrash and Allydawg, are famers mutual and farm burea the same? can you get me contact numbers, I really appreciate all the help, Gary

catchmybomb

You only get what you pay for. In Canada a boat like that would be min 1000 Cdn. to 1300 depending on the value. Only a company insuring boats will give you insurance. If you think you have insurance with paying as little as 500 without disclosing the speed think again. Someone gets seriously hurt and you will find out you really don't have insurance. If a broker says don't tell me how fast it goes or doesn't care that you tell him something not true better find another broker, he just wants your cash.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I was sent a new rider on my insurance for the XR2001, said they will not insure any boat used for races or pseed contests of any kind, are all the XR's out there running insurance-less?

My XR insurance is/was through Foremost, the XB is with Progressive, I have filed a claim with Progressive for a snapped skeg and no problems or questions, the speed thing is quite subjective it depends on prop pitch and what forms ask you what the boat is "capable" of? Is "max speed" defined with a 24 pitch, 28 pitch, or 21 pitch? All they seem interested in is the serial number and hp rating on the midsection....in the case of a high speed incident will they then research your motor, find it has been modified and cancel you? Anybody face this? For example if the plate on the midsection says "175hp OG123456" etc. and you have swapped out the powerhead for a XXX hp mill?

BigRedAlli

Hey Lou,
I've got Progressive on my XB also.They were the only co. around here,I could find on short notice, that would touch an Allison...I did have to sign a form stateing in would not run over 90mph,therefore mine will only run 89.99999... :lol:
As far as a claim, I think it mostly depends on how knowledgeable the adjuster is...Kind of "Luck Of The Draw"...Hope none of us have to find out anytime soon.
Marty

bassracer

XB2002s rated for 150 hp - anything over that; if you have any kind of a claim requiring them to check everything over - you are s...t out of luck!