Is this correct???

njj502

If they only sold 38 boats in the last 4 years I don't think we'd have Allison Boats in Louisville any more.....

xb03fs

good thing I pulled the trigger on Craigs boat when I did is what it means ;)

catfish123

It says 38 boats sold in the last 4 years, and only 4 sold in 2013 through September 30th.

catfish123

The "numbers" are represented as sold, registered, boats, NOT built boats. So you could build twenty, sell none, and your number in this report would be 0.

whipper

Hence the new models trickling out. I blame the wake board boats. It would be interesting to calculate the percentage of boats from all manufacturers that were 21ft and over. Ill bet the trend is larger boats in this category. The waterways seem to have more larger displacement hulls every year on them.

As Catfish says the numbers may be off quite a lot or a little any way?

catfish123

It tells you how they are collected in the thread. I can look for you since you are probably banned from there.......................LMAO

"Manufacturers don't submit the data. They get it from boat registrations with your Wildlife dept., DNR, etc. When the dealer registers your new boat, it is submitted to the survey company. I think the boat companies have to subscribe (pay) for access to the data. I doubt if the 4th quarter is available yet, since it ended last week. probably runs about a quarter behind."

90 5.0

I beleive it, they only make the Xb21 now right?

How many new ones are around that are sold and registered?? Plus those numbers are behind with 2013 numbers not all being in yet.

GotMyAlly

Do organizations like ODBA require boat registration to compete? If not, I bet there's a fair number of XR01's out there that aren't registered if they are race boats only, not lake boats.

Dave Hensley

With the economic crunch in 2009 and hangover in 2010 that sounds about right. There have been 6 XB2002's built since April of 2007.....

xb03fs

Don't think race boats are registered unless used at the sandbar

Dave Hensley

So anything at a dealer, unsold doesn't count? I have a 2008 XB2002 sitting here that has never been registered so make it 39.

xb03fs

I hope their overhead is low and they

From the pictures I have seen at his age he probably considers himself semi retired and as long as he makes enought to pay his employees he is happy. I could be wrong but if I was that age as long as my workers were comfortable and I got to see my creations put smiles on faces that's all that would matter

bassracr

I am not really surprised at the very low numbers . I think if you had a breakdown of all the boats manufactured by Allison, most would be shocked just how few of these boats are floating around . Luckily most folks take good care of them and owners keep restoring and upgrading their boats and keep them looking good for many years.They truly do have such a great product and It's a shame that that their market share is not better than the numbers reflect, to get more owners in the fold and bring more dollars to the company and keep them healthy and around for us when we need them. I take my hat off to them for surviving as a small business but also I am concerned for their future .