It is snowing in East Tennessee

Dave Hensley

And it is just not right. Let the old bulldog out for his morning ritual. He looked at the whitestuff falling, looked at me, turned around and walked back inside.

fnshrmaster

We sat at a football playoff game last night in 35mph winds and sideways snow, I'm ready to get out of Michigan, sounds like I better move south of Tennessee.

Dave Hensley

We sat at a football playoff game last night in 35mph winds and sideways snow, I'm ready to get out of Michigan, sounds like I better move south of Tennessee.
That would be the case for today anyway. It was 80 degrees last Saturday. Will be 65 degrees Wednesday. I hate winter. The only good thing about winter is spring follows it. Just when I needed weather to run a couple of recent purchases. If you move south of me you better speak Spanish.....

GotMyAlly

First time in a long time that I can remember needing a bonfire to stay warm while handing out candy to trick-r-treaters.

Dave Hensley

Cry me a river. Geesh. You'll be open water fishing in January and we'll be under 30" of ice and at least 3' feet of snow. I'll head your way then, k? :wink
Come on down. I just grieve terribly when winter rears its ugly head. Good thing is smallmouth fishing should be heating up.

K.Kiser

You yanks do have a crappy winter.. I do believe I could within reason tolerate the severity of the northern cold, but the duration of y'all's winters would get really old.. Our summer and humidity is no joke, but 6+ months of y'all's cold would drive me crazy

fnshrmaster

To someone in Europe a 'Yank' is from the U.S.
To someone in Shreveport a 'Yank' is from northern U.S.
To someone in the (northern) Midwest a 'Yank' is from New England, U.S.
To someone from New England a 'Yank' is?

So, which one is it?

To answer Kiser's question, when the temp stays sub-zero for over a week it makes you start scratching your head and wondering --do I really need to live here? (snow would factor in the equation)
Been scratching my head for 45 years. Its time to get out of here as soon as my youngest graduates, boating year round someplace warm is in my future.

K.Kiser

I believe a north easterner should refer to oneself as a Yank, as the NE is the pinnacle of Yankness.. We sometimes use the term to refer to those above the mason-Dixon, but I recognize its a broad stroke term for such a description.. I have family in Iowa, they call us "Bubba's"... I don't personally know a bubba, but I understand the term.. But Ted Nugent is a damn Yankee

K.Kiser

Below zero degrees for a week is excessive.. The coldest air temp I've ever felt here in my life in 11deg..

njj502

Last winter was ****ing brutal. There was snow on the ground here from January till March and February had more days below zero than I could count. Dad said 77, 78 & 79 were the same way. I hope this **** dont repeat last year.

BTW, I think it's global warming.

FlatOutAlly

Back up for yinz all.....

OK. Now we can talk about who's where why and how.

The story goes like this....

A. 2-3 months ago the wife says she has a deal to attend in Phoenix in November. Says I should come along.

B. No dear, it'll be too nice here in the middle of fall to spend money on an Arizona trip. I just take one for us and baby sit the dog. (All the while thinking about Lake Pepin smallies of course.)

C. Now it's twenty and white here and eighty there.

D. The snowblower is kickin *** and takin names, though.

John S

Quite a change in water conditions there FOA... at least now the 50' sea rays should be docked up. GO figger, the year I'm going to work in Kentucky is going to be the coldest one in years. Damned global cooling.

And I'm telling your engine builder you were in the throttle a bit long...

Last edited: