It's with a heavy heart that I make this post. We lost member brpdk945 tonight

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Just saw this, in shock. What a terrible tragedy. Prayers sent to his family.

BigRedAlli

Sad news for sure. We will be praying for Mark's family....Would like to have met him.

Marty & Christie

bullistic

I don't have the words we lost a GREAT friend and a GREAT person
jeff
til we meet again

john4utvols

I was just over Oz's house and he told me about Mark. I was like not BRPK, I just talked to him the other day about the rally and about getting his room. I got Sick, couldn't believe I just lost a friend and a fellow officer. And yes I also have never meet Mark, but consider him a friend. I'm still in shock. Prayers sent for his family. I sure hate to see a good guy go this early in life. :very sad

CommonArcWelder

May God bless him and his family. I enjoyed reading his posts on his 2002. I kept thinking,"Man, one of these days my 2002 will look like his". Was hoping to meet him one day and get to know him. He lived just a couple hours from me. See you on the other side my friend. Monetary contributions can be made to the Fallen Heroes Account. Donations can be made at any Capitol One Bank. All proceeds will go directly to the family of Cpl. Mark Beck.

Kruton

Damn!! I am very saddened to hear about this!! I will be praying for Mark's family

fasteddie

Here is a link that I thought every one should see. I think that if those of you that knew him could leave some comments about him there it could help the family heal with time. It is always had to loose someone who did so much for others. I have two good friends there from the North Carolina Highway Patrol. Prayers to all who serve the public.
http://www.odmp.org/officer/19233-police-officer-mark-beck

baitcaster

The last two days were extremely emotional and difficult to say the least. HD, Bullistic, Shawn, Chad202 and I attended the remembrances and funeral for Mark. Mark touched a lot of lives including my own, It was extremely difficult for me to say good bye, but I know in my heart that he is in a better place, unfortunately we who remain here on earth have lost a Comrade and I am deeply saddened.

The Cities of Baton Rouge, Baker and Zachary, as well as, Baton Rouge Police Department and the varying law enforcement agencies in this state outdid themselves and made me proud to be a resident of Louisiana, a member of law enforcement and of this community. I have never seen such an outpouring of respect and appreciation of a mans life.

Last edited:

SPEEDY

bait, I believe I saw your group. One of you was wearing a red Allison shirt I believe? I was unable to make my way to you to meet you all. Thank you for taking the time to pay your respects

SPEEDY

Speedy, I wish you had. The one in the RED ALLISON shirt was Chad and yes that was us.

I wish I would have saw you sooner. I saw your group as we were walking to get into formation at the gravesite, so I was unable to walk over and say hi.

Last edited:

hack02

What a tragedy. I traded consoles with Mark last summer. Talked to him on the phone and through several e-mails. Super nice guy. Its very sobering to realize how we can be here one day and gone the next. Prayers for the family and friends.

Speedman

my deepest sympathies to the friends and family. One of the "A" family will now be able to watch us all from up there!

bullistic

I wish I would have saw you sooner. I saw your group as we were walking to get into formation at the gravesite, so I was unable to walk over and say hi.
I wish we had been able to meet maybe next time
I would walk across the sun for mark and michelle so drivin a few hours was nothing
jeff

SPEEDY

Sadly, today marks a year since I lost my friend.

I miss you buddy

RedAllison

:shock: WOW how quick a year goes. I never got to meet Mark but we "talked" with him essentially nightly via the boating sites, we were going to meet up soon and you just knew he was one of those good guys who was ALOT of fun.

I'm sure he's smokin a big ol cigar, ridin in water that is never rough and the sun is always shinin... :at the bar
RA

ps
We never heard back from Michelle, I'm sure anything boating related brings back memories she might not want to think about. Just wondering if anyone had heard from her or has an update on her and the kids?