Jack Plates??

tharris003

Unfortunately, Its time for a new hydraulic jack plate, had a land&sea and they don't support them anymore.
What kind of plates are ya'll running?
What kind of plate does Allison put on the boats now?
and does anyone run any jackplates from Bob's Machine?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, I'm running a xb-2003 with a 2.5 Merc.

Thanks,

Tommy

RedAllison

harris the hydro plates Darris uses are built by CMC. ( http://www.cook-mfg.com/ ) The majority of plates I've had on boats since the late 80s were CMCs and I've never had the first problem with any of them. I had a factory hydro on my 99 XB03 and never did the first danged thing to it in 7 years other than lube and run da crap out of it. The one on my 21 is a year old now and even with that 500+# 3.0 she works like a charm! :beer:

Offset wise, depends on what you're doing with it. Most XB03s with 225s that fish/load the boat alot ran 14" but with a 2.5 you might can loose an inch or two and be ok. Call Darris and ask him, he'll be happy to tell ya. I wanna say alot of 03/280 guys are running 12" or around there.

:cool
RA

citabriatom

Land & Sea does not make those plates anymore,but they have a few parts laying around.If you haven't called them already,give it a try.I got lucky getting some parts about six months ago.

BigRedAlli

Although the Bob's hyd plates are nice and lite, and I even have one on my boat, Darris don't recomend them due to flex. But if you do run one you have to set it up to run as low as possible. the higher up out of its bracket, the more flex it has.

I kinda like the CMC's for a Hydro plate.

Casey G

I have a mint 10" or 12" (not sure, I'd have to measure it) Allison hydraulic that's on a XB 2002 that i just bought. I'd like to get rid of the extra weight and replace it with a 10" Allison plate for a 15" motor.

I'm not sure what it's worth or even what a new Allison non-hydraulic or hydraulic plate cost. If your interested I'll take some pictures of it tonight.

tharris003

Thanks for the offer I already have a 10" spacer, just need a 4 to 5 1/2 Hydraulic to go with it.

Thanks anyway.

Blue Gray in PA

I have an older-style CMC hydraulic I'd let go for $250 if you're interested. I bought a new one when I put the new motor on to get the pump inside the housing instead of beside it - I use the rear tie-downs to tow the kids on a tube and the pump was in the way. Let me know if you're interested.

Fishforcash

Cook (CMC) makes a great plate. If you can find a good Detwiler that has the pump in the boat I'd get it. I have one on my 03 and its the fastest and has the most travel of any out there. Mine uses a Volvo/Penta I/O pump and moves alot of fluid so its very fast.