Jackplate question

jaybluez

I have a concern pertaining to these allison jackplates. I traded my dad an 8" or 9" jackplate for the adjustable jackplate that allison makes. I now have the adjustable plate on my xb02 and my dad has the old standard 9" with a hydraulic plate (4") piggy backed on it. I noticed the adjustable plate is a tad wider and about 3" taller, making for a sturdier stance (I guess you could say) against the transom. My concern is that my dad now has the 9" with a narrower, shorter stance with the hydraulic plate bolted to it...will this work? or will cause too much stress on his transom?

jaybluez

Damn, is the situation that bad or is the question not clear???:banghead

jaybluez

Thank you Brother. If I'm understanding you right, you're running 16" of setback?

JR

Just from my personal experience, the Allison transom is many times stronger than any of the jackplates. The jackplates and setback plates will fail [like mine] before the transom.
Just my opinion...
JR

fishnfireman

Like JR said,

The transon strength should not be a n issue,

If I was concerned with the gelcoat being damaged.
You might try putting a back up plate made of SS which would be a touch bigger than what the old jackplate foot print was.

jaybluez

That's the measurements I pulled John. I guess I should have called them first, but I've been so fortunate to get stuck working nights this past week:mad:, figured I would have my question answered here rather than trying to stay awake and give them a call. Thanks John and glad to see you're back. Caught your video on youtube...sweet.