jackplate

dirty shocker

guys , if someone could give me some ideas on which jack plate to put on ,i would love it! ive got 95 XB2002 comp _ 93 260 _10" jack_ i took off the 20"mid and put on a 15"mid,now i cant lower the motor enough for a heavy load ,i also race,which jack plate do you recomend.Thanks rich

K.Kiser

Your gonna have to get a jackplate that is made for a 15" engine, then You can set and position the engine to be at correct running height at about 1/2 travel on the plate... Allison offers such a plate, Hydrodynamics also, and Bob's Machine probabaly does also... Some of the later model Allison jackplates can be coverted around to fit either midsection length... Myself, I prefer the Allison plate...

Casey G

this plate works great on my boat. it's very similar to an Allison plate for less $$$. it will go

Last edited:

dirty shocker

thanks for the quick reply guys,my dumba$$ FORGOT I POSTED this and never looked(me 2 busy):banghead well any ways im still running the same plate but ,still looking for new,i had a vance coming from my friend but i want a 8" which they dont make,what it is that when i added the 15 it gave me 2 more inches as yall know,so im pondering a pro hi-jacker hp would work it has 4" of lift my ally has 3" ya think that might work,i am want a single more solid plate and not a two pieice, i liked the ride and hole shot when i had the real 10 and not the 12 i have now. i drag race at blarney is. in IL AND IM IN 2ND place and i got the other allys coverd but theres a rooky with training wheels ( aka dirty pickle) mirage river racer that i cant beat.its always real close:same ole songjust need a beter hole shot.i also run in SLDBA .
sorry for the long thread

dirty shocker

you got me and Jeff beat ha ha:LMAO: just think if it was just us and not the mod e-tech talk to you later
ha ha:at the bar so far i do hopefully but that mod E_TECH, wish it was just us ,would be more fun instead of wondering of the cheating:punch

wich one to shoot:big buck or etec

later geisler

GFinch

Hydrodynamics made me a 7" 8" Rapid Jack to fit my XB2003. Call them and tell them what you have/need and they will make it.

BP1

dirty s, just put a Rapid Jack on my 02, and like others have said, they are a great co. to deal with.They can also do them in various colors.
The one Casey suggested looks good too and has the benefit of being adjusted to any height like the Allison plate where with the Rapid Jack it's trickier to adjust in less than 1/4 increments.

Theres cheatin at Blarney's? :shock::big grin

dirty shocker

Casey G ,what size is that plate you have, whats the major difference if i go with A 6'' .I have a ten on now but want a better hole shot for drags, i dont carry much weight and i only fish a little bit. People tell me to get 24 volt trim and a timer but im so used to 12v. it would help me to be consistane for the bracet races.

Casey G

the one i have is a 9.5". here's the link to it.

http://www.vancemfg.com/catalog1.html or follow the link i posted to it on ebay.

I don't think that 6" is enough on an xb. heck most guys run +6" on xr's. my xb weighs 1540 w/ me ready to go minus fuel and this plate is perfect. In fact with the negative wedges I installed it's over 10" at neutral trim. The only reason I installed them is for when I add weight to race in LakeRacer or stock bass. Without weight they are not needed.

BP1

Tried 6" in with mine, you might gain some holeshot, but you'll lose everywhere else.