Jasper river run

THutch

My understanding is the ODBA season championships have been moved to Chester Frost Park, just north of Chattanooga and the Friday river run remains on Nickajack lake / TN river. Can anyone confirm that and give the dates?

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have heard some are running Chick but I have also heard some are doing the same old run.

THutch

I’m planning to stay on the river using the shell mound ramp, but Chuck is 10 minutes from my house. Chick is awful if it is windy.

SlowHayden

I’m also curious what the deal will be with the river run. I’d be interested in running up Chickamauga to sand island where the Hiwassee let’s in, could be a fun run.

THutch

That’s a good run, if the wind doesn’t pick up in the afternoon. Maybe I’m a wimp but the main channel of that lake can be brutal when the wind picks up.

aj06bolt12r

I'll be there and running the old Jasper River Run from Shell Mound to Chattanooga, probably hang out around the sand bar with the volley bar net somewhere around the 1/2 way point. Will have several boats w me. My Allison, a Mirage, an Eliminator Daytona and possibly an LCB.

SlowHayden

Well it looks like I’m gonna be heading to Talladega that weekend but on the way down Friday I’m gonna meet a buddy and do the river run on Nickajack. What’s the round about time to meet at the ramp?

THutch

It seems to be getting earlier each year, I’d say about 9:30 eastern. That means everyone is in the water about 10:30ish.