Just a little info.

chad202

At the Fastbass Rally, I tried about 10 or so props. My 28 RL cut ET took top honors by a couple mph. A 28 HP3(ally cut) was second best and my 25 blue printed trophy was next. The 25 trophy was best all around. I didn't run the speeds I thought I would but I lost 300 rpms or so due to elevation increase???

Chad what was speed difference in the three prop's,? Also how would you compare the blueprinted trophy vs stock.

chad202

Back home, I turn the RL ET 7300-7400 loaded to fish at 99.5mph. The speed isn't accurate cause I run out of room. Normally, the last speed before 99.5 is 98.8ish so it's still climbing at a good pace. I turn the trophy 8000+ before letting off and running 97ish. At the rally, I only turned the RL ET 7100 and that was really stretching her out and not loaded to fish and running 99+mph. I only turned the trophy 7700 and running 96+mph. The HP3 turned 7000-7100 and ran 97ish. My boat didn't seem to run better with a light load. With a light load, the boat didn't take set like it does loaded. Maybe if I'd lowered the motor 1/4" when running light, it would set in. I was running 1/4" above. Tried 1/2" above but it wanted to go roundy round on me so I lowered it back down. What's funning is I fish with two aboard at 1/4" above and it fished great. But when I'm low on fuel and take everything out, 1/4" is too high. The stern rides to high. I've run many different trophys and a blueprinted one is noticeably better. It just does everything better than stock. I can run with no plugs, holes wide open, and it just launches. Topend it great and it's really quick. I even ran a 24 worked chopper that topped out at 90mph. My trophy was quicker and 6mph faster. I'm a firm believer that it's hard to beat a trophy in fishing application and all around use.

Stace

Setback

Chad are still runnin' 14" of setback? Just wonderin if you took some out and are getting them #'s. Man you got that boat dialed in!!!!!!!!!!! :D Stace

chad202

No Marty I didn't but I have a 24 that was cupped to a 25 on my boat now that I will run this week. Another guy there ran a 28 and he said it worked very well but was just not quite as fast which is what I expected. I'm still at 14" and see no reason to bring it in. The boat just seems to do everything very well. I ran thru some several boat wakes while running 99+mph and the tail just hopped right over them. I was a little nervous thinking it might blow out but it just zipped right over them. The holeshot of my boat is VERY awesome. No problem is rough water yet and I get no back wash so I don't see myself playing with the setback.

J

John Richied

LOL... too funny Jimmy. :p

You guys keep running those Trophy props… they are SWEET

I could leave with a 28 Lightning ET against a 26 Trophy and SMOKE IT! But what you guys think a “good holeshot” is and what a great holeshot is isn’t even close to the same.

Hey run what you like and you can never try too many props.

chad202

Hey John, I know you got a bad azz motor but I'd still line up againt ya. There no way you could out holeshot me with my trophy and your 28 ET. My RL ET out holeshot any true ET I've run and it can't hold a candle to this worked trophy. :D

J

John Richied

Chad I know you think I am blowing smoke but my stock 28 Lightning ET on my rig against your worked 25 Trophy on my rig………. The same rig even would be a real eye opener for you Trophy lovers.

Not that you are not running very well, but I think there is much better and that is my personal experience.

chad202

We'll just have to see about that one day. :wink: Oh and it's not just me. A few people ran my trophy and they were all in amazed. :shock: How's the motor running anyway?

badbait

Chad, just remember this, John has a way of stacking the deck. Things like a 750 lb hull, and I've never seen a trolling motor on his boat. All those things add up to a boat that probably isn't really a fishing boat especially without a trolling motor on it. So if you could beat him in a drag race or topend you have one hell of a boat. And I'm sure you do have a great 2003.

pickwickangler

I have only ran about 12 props on my 2003 and like chad nothing i have ran comes out of the hole like my a45 25 trophy did.

Yellowallison

YEP Chad!! Thas sumthing I known and said for yrs!!!!!!!

My trophy was quicker and 6mph faster. I'm a firm believer that it's hard to beat a trophy in fishing application and all around use.
myself I got a tweaked up 26 Trophy tha will run with about any ET/Chpper/SRX out there...

J

John Richied

I’m just speaking from my personal experience on my set up… and trust me I’ve ran a few props. The reason I said “Chad I know you think I am blowing smoke but my stock 28 Lightning ET on my rig against your worked 25 Trophy on my rig…. The same rig… even would be a real eye opener for you Trophy lovers.” Was if we lined up against each other, there would be a 25 pitch Trophy for sale. hehehe

I have owned and ran the following props.

30 Hoss Triton
28 Hoss Hyperdrive
25 Trophy (it even said Skeeter on it)
26 Trophy
32 Chopper II (Alabama cut)
26 Chopper (old style)
28 Chopper (old style) worked by Boger
26 Yamaha Drag
26 Yamaha Drag (worked by Soddy-Daisy)
24 Yamaha Drag
26 Lightning ET
28 Lightning ET
30 Lightning ET
29 SRX worked by DAH
And just bought a 28 Merc Cleaver

So my love for Trophy props didn’t come overnight…
Line up sure, we could do that… Just send your 25 pitch Trophy to Lou Jones, he can put it on his XB-03 and we can run the boats. Just for fun ya know :wink:

john4utvols

Chad have you tried a 28 chopper jaco edition cut by jc, or a lighting et cut by jc, if not I will have a 28 chopper jaco edition cut by jc for a allison 2002 if you want to try at the rally.

chad202

John, I know you're not blowing smoke. It just goes to show everyone that different props work better on different setups. Sometimes even if the rigs are the same. I think the RL cut that I have is from JC.