Kicked dat black a$$!!!!

Forkin' Crazy

Well, I ran up on a Rocket with one of those big black basturds on it while on the Tickfaw... and we took a run on it.... We ran a good ways up the river, and I'd get him on every straight away. Little did I know it had a 280 on it..... :shock:

It was funny when we stopped; the guy with the Rocket talked about how fast Allisons were. :mrgreen: His passenger was saying what an old motor mine was and they were arguing about the Allison and my dinosaur engine on it (mid 80's vintage and totally stock down to the air box). I also recorded a new top speed of 93.8 mph on my GPS... right before it blew out of the boat. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I should get a bit more with a little more set up time.
:p

Waterdigger

93.8.... Man dats hooked up and diggin' for a stockie! Sounds like you
got the Rude tuned pretty good! $); :mrgreen:

J

John Richied

Your lucky that 280 Merc you were running against wasn’t on a fast boat (another Allison) :p :p :p

Sounds like you had fun and need a new GPS… :mrgreen:

You have a fast hull, now you just need a Merc on it… ;)

Darth VMAX

Sounds good FC! $);

Is that your 235 Rude on the SS or were you running the XB2002? Congrats on the new speed :grin:

JR you silly boy :lol: some of us like to be able to actually be ON the water with our boats :p ;)

J

John Richied

Darth, I can be on the water anytime I want… I have a trollin’ motor ya know LOL

And by the way, I was thinking (I know I shouldn’t) that a Merc 225 ProMax on either the SS or XB-02 would run faster then the Slow Rude thing hangin’ on da back. Since the title of the post was “Kicked dat black a$$” I thought things might need to be put in perspective. IT WAS the Allison hull getting it done for sure!!! :p

I shouldn’t have to explain this to you Darth, the darkside calls your name :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Forkin' Crazy

Thanks guys! I really enjoyed the smart a$$ed "go get ya a merc" comments. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, different motor. This one is a true 2.6 XP/GT although I am not sure it has the right carbs.

I would think a 200 Laser EFI motor would be closer in horsepower then the ProMax. That is 235 at the flywheel, not the prop. :shock:

I do appreciate the advice of putting a big black basturd on my XB, but I think I'll put a highly modified 3.0L looper on it instead. :twisted:

J

John Richied

Forkin' Crazy said:
I do appreciate the advice of putting a big black basturd on my XB, but I think I'll put a highly modified 3.0L looper on it instead. :twisted:
These comments have to bring out that Gary guy from California, what’s his screen name... G another Merc passed me or something like that. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's all good! :mrgreen:

GFinch

Just Lurking!

I just don't know what to think about being outted by a guy refered to as PINKY !

Oh brother from another mother, Forkin'crazy.
You could call this guy:) The one with the tidy shop.

And have him set you up with one of these:)

Or something a little smaller.

Don't tell John though. He's a trouble maker.
::>< ::>< ::>< ::>< ::><

Forkin' Crazy

Thanks Gary. I've already been over there several times already. :shock:

Mid is ready to mock up with the sporty, then take apart and paint.... gonna get the rest of the parts for the motor (bearings, rings, etc, etc) next week. I have a couple of projects I am finishing up first.... including getting a gearcase I cracked last weekend fixed... :?

GFinch

Forkin' Crazy said:
Thanks Gary. I've already been over there several times already. :shock:

Did you leave your wallet at home.

Mid is ready to mock up with the sporty,

Wayne's Mid?

then take apart and paint.... gonna get the rest of the parts for the motor (bearings, rings, etc, etc) next week. I have a couple of projects I am finishing up first.... including getting a gearcase I cracked last weekend fixed... :?

Darth VMAX

LOL JR. Been there done that "dark side" thing...you can keep it!!! :lol:

OK John, lets see where your loyalty resides. If there were an Allison XB2002 or XB2003 with a Hammer or OMC/BRP and it got into a race with say a Bullet boat with a merc on it....who would you cheer for?

Would it be ALLISON first or MERCURY????? :? :mrgreen:

!-!

J

John Richied

Good scenario Darth, but I’d have to cheer for the guy in the Bullet. He needs all the help he can get :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, you know darn well that I would cheer for the Allison! I have nothing against guys running a Bomb or a Hammer, I just feel sorry for them. :mrgreen:

Here's a picture of my old Hammer (Excel)

Ain't that SWEEEEET!!!!! :mrgreen: Kinda funny how the engine wasn’t even making enough power to throw the rod bolt all the way out… LMFAO ;)