Kiting an XB 2002

Forkin' Crazy

I play with my boat. :shock:

Well I cruise about 70 (top end a bit over 90, so I have some pedal left).. and I mess with the trim... keeping the rpms the same and seeing if I gain any speed on my GPS.... so I just keep trimming... and the bow keeps going up.. ( I am going down a pooled river, 0 mph wind) and I stop a bit after I loose site of the horizon. Well, the tree line in the next bend. :shock: I have no problem balancing it... kinda fun, but I know the trees are getting bigger and I need to trim down, and do, no problems.

I've done this several times... I'll have to take some pics... I guess no trolling motor and being a Comp Pro might help also.

So what do you think, treat it like a tunnel and just keep it out of the wind, or stop doing this, it is dangerous!! :?

whipper

kite

I say what ever turns your crank man! I play a lot too, sure some things are dangerous its part of the lure I guess. Ive hung on the skids of a Huges 500D helicopter at 7000 ft hanging on with my hands and one leg. Was droped of on a Grizzly infested mountain on a bolder with a 200 ft vertical cliff 1ft away surrounded by a glacier, set 1000 lbs of explosives and climbed down of the rock and ran on the glacier like hell to get far enough away from the blast. Some people might think thats dangerous but I never thought twice at the time did stuff like that for years every day of the year. Real good money! I think if you are aware of you and your equipments limitations and no one else is in harms way go for it if you want. James

J

John Richied

I have done what you are talking about and from speeds of 25 mph on up… you can do it at a slower speed too.

My XB-2002 is a center steer comp pro also, and very well balanced. This and the design of the hull makes it a very forgiving hull… you can get “Forkin’ Crazy” and the boat just loves it! These boats are not even close to a tunnel.

The only think I fear is a side wind or the BIG azz rollers from a yacht or barge. When the wind blows hear in the Columbia Basin we can get some big side winds that gust (not constant) and that has scared the hell out of me. It will move the bow over and when you compensate the wind drops and you hook up again. :shock:

The other thing is when you are running some high speed runs with the boat and when you reach the upper limits she leans to the right (starboard) that can open your eyes… LOL A little is fine but a hard lean and you know you are on the edge and need to back off the throttle and or trim down a tad and hopefully in the correct order.

Forkin' Crazy

Well, the river is at pool, no current. It is only 150 yards wide and has tree tops at least 150 feet above the water.

I get some pics this weekend. :D

whipper, you ain't shxt until you been 170 mph on the water! :oops:

whipper

170!

170!!! That would raise my hair :twisted: This summer I went with a guy 110 in a texas tunnel I was a little woried at first because I trust no ones driving!! but we only were there for a little bit so it wasnt that bad. He wants a SS now after being in my boat. What the heck were ya in at 170 that is wild! :D

GFinch

I think he had to come out to my state and get a ride with an old man to go 170. Talk about someone that knows something about surfaceing props! That old man does!

JR

I used to regularly go well over 170 crossing the waves at the beach with three passengers and just over that at Daytona [Bush Clash Car].
I forgot to mention I was flying at 30' AGL [while dodging seagulls and the FAA]. I am not scared of much but seagulls scare me...bad.
JR

lundy02

Real fun with A XB02 get it to about 50 trim it down turn the wheel and punch it it will turn on a dime.( hold on it will throw you out it turns so sharp)

Butch Leslie

I did this one time when I just got my XB2002. It did scare me and it did throw my wife out of the boat. I didn't even know she was gone until I looked back to talk to her about the turn and no one was there. Lucky she had her vest on. Butch Leslie

Forkin' Crazy

Re: man

whipper said:
Arneson of course.
Yea.. I had posted a video on putfile, but it's gone now. I'll see if I can load it up somewhere.

JR, let me know when to show up! :shock:

Butch, LMAO!! Glad no one was hurt... can you give conditions, boat, water, wind, etc?

Thanks!!!

I did this with a friend of mine that is not that good of a boat driver... pilot... and he wants an SS bad.. I was showing him how dossal an XB was with moderate power... he was tapping me on the shoulder saying, "THAT'S ENOUGH!!!"

:twisted:

LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forkin' Crazy

Butch Leslie

When I just got my XB2002 it had a carburatored Mariner 200 HP. I was waiting for traffic to clear in some flood protection levee, (Louisiana), and it was pretty hot. I started crusiing in the Ship Channel, MRGO, at about 50 MPH. Since it was flat calm I decided to see how well this XB2002 turned. I turned the wheel all the way to the left and floored the gas pedal. The bow went down and the back end spun like a jet ski. This thing will turn on a dime and give you change. I still do it some times, but let passengers know to hold on. Butch Leslie

RedAllison

Forkin I think I know what you're talkin about, I've done it in my ProSport at both low and higher speeds. It feels like the boat is about to flip over backwards, basically it's a highspeed wheelie!!! :twisted:

As far as "passin the breakin point" I aint sure it'll happen. I'm sure we can cause trouble if we REALLY want to, but the small frontal area of the Allison is there not only to punch a hole in the wind but to also "let go" and allow the boat to sit back down when it reaches a point near blowover. I have stood mine up vertically at over 85mph with a full two man fishin load (come to think of it that guy hasn't gotten back in the boat since! :p ) and I fully expected it to go on over. But it just reached a point (nearly perpendicular too the water) and then it was like a hand grabbed the bow and yanked it back down on the water (maybe that wasn't Darris' design, maybe it was the hand of the man upstairs).

STAND ON IT SON,
RA