Lake Concordia Bash - Fishing Tourny

baitcaster

OK guys, I spoke with Chad202 yesterday and we decided that we would have a little fishing tournament at the Concordia Get-together on Sat. September 26, 2009.:gone fishing

This will be a friendly little singles fishing tournament (every man and woman for themselves). The tournament will be held from approximately 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM (basically 5 hours) on Sat. morning. General Tournament rules will apply; as will wearing a life jacket while running, but it will be very informal. The cost for possible bragging rights will be 10.00 dollars per person, with 70% payback to the first place winner. It will be the best weight, max 5 fish per person. A small, but nice placard/award will be handed out to the top 3 slots, denoting first ,second and third place.

So bring a rod and your skill and prove that you really can catch fish out of a performance hull - :gasp .

The awards and money will prob. be awarded that evening at dinner (we can call that one by ear if it will present a problem to any of the winners)
I was thinking it might be fun to have some "white elephant" prises for the top three contenders (we can't have anyone's head getting too big, they might blow out of the boat if that happens), for a little fun - what do ya'll think? It is sounds good to ya'll let me know? If not, than we will keep is simple. If so, I was thinking the only real criteria is that it was something related to fishing or boating and weighed less than 20 lbs. - i.e.: no torn up boat motors ( :LMAO::LMAO: )

OK, the only thing I need is a scale. Does anyone have a scale that they can being to weigh the fish??? If so, please PM me and we will be good to go.

On a personal note; I have been looking for a good used GPS, if anyone has one that they are willing to part with send me a PM with some pics and info, I would really appreciate it.

Well that's it for now, give me some feed back and let me know if you are willing to fish that morning.

Last edited:

chad202

A little tournament is a very good idea I think. The fishing can be quite well at times. Depending on the amount of people, we may only pay 1st place, just depends. Also, not everyone there may have a boat but do want to fish so I say there can be two people in the boat, still $10 person, individual weight counted, not boat weight. Most creel weight wins(no more than 5 fish). Honor system applies for not combining boat fish. Let's just pay best weight and biggest fish. I can bring our club scale, it's not a problem. All ideas are welcome.

baitcaster

Sounds good, I adjusted the initial post to accommodate most of that. But we can always update. I do suggest big bass be a side pot. Thanks for bring the scale, Chad!