Land&Sea Jack plate help

resqu-u

Hey guys, I'm trying to ID a two stand wire that's on my Land&Sea jack plate. It's connected to a switch that is near where the height indicator is but is not and has not been connected at the front connections?? Jack plate works perfect so here are a few pics top and bottom. Could it be for a front indicator? Hope someone knows! Shane

bottom

ends

DOUBLE J

That's what it is for. I have the same unit. It's a OMC trim set up they used(circa 80's something) for gauge and sending unit which I was told is no longer available.

resqu-u

Is there a gauge that could be retro fitted? Maybe a bob's or detwiler, or can you just use an old omc gauge if you have the sender. I've been looking all day and all I've found is not to call land&sea unless your in the mood for bad customer service :gasp

DOUBLE J

L&S marine side of the bus. has been closed for quite a few years. The other jackplate sending units you mentioned will not retro fit(different set up). The gauge is just a 80-90's factory OMC trim gauge, so find one of those and hook it up and see if it reads.