Left hand rotation?

whipper

Does left hand rotation gearcase make any difference in handling or just turns the other way no problem? Also anyone know anyone driving an Allison with a lefty?

Tim Bostic

Does left hand rotation gearcase make any difference in handling or just turns the other way no problem? Also anyone know anyone driving an Allison with a lefty?
I don't think the left hand case is designed any differently than the right, so I don't believe it would make any difference in handling. I don't recall anyone running a lefty on an Allison? I think the "main" problem with left hand rotation is availability of good propellers?

whipper

I don't think the left hand case is designed any differently than the right, so I don't believe it would make any difference in handling. I don't recall anyone running a lefty on an Allison? I think the "main" problem with left hand rotation is availability of good propellers?
Thanks, ya I was thinking about that one also. it just seems new sportys seem to sell for alot less counter rotating over rightys. But the prop selection goes down the tubes as ya mentioned.:big grin I better not get to abnormal with what my plans are or Ill end up obsolite. Oh ya and Ill hook the other way. :laughing

Tim Bostic

...... it just seems new sportys seem to sell for alot less counter rotating over rightys.
It seems this is just a direct result of "free market capitalism"..... supply & demand..... most people want right instead of left..... so people are willing to spend more for right's and you have to drop the price on left's so someone will buy them.

GotMyAlly

A lot less used props available available for counter-rotating lowers, unless you buy matched pairs to split 'em up and sell the righty.....

white03

steering torque would be exact opposite, not a big deal as it could be adjusted to just like we have to adjust to torque on right hand rotation....but if a guy used to right hand rotation got in a boat with left hand rotation, well it could be ugly!!!