Lesson learned!

bc's xtb21

Went out this afternoon to try a 28 pitch ally cut chopper on my xtb. The prop ran GREAT, but after making a couple of passes I u-turned around and started back upstream when I noticed something floating in the river, I thought some poor dummy blew his ice chest or tackle box out and when I got up to it I was that dummy! It was my crank bait box which weighed every bit of 30 lbs it had got sucked out from behind the drivers bucket seat and just splattered when it hit the water. I was able to save a few of the crank baits (the floaters) but I lost the rest of the tackle. I didn't think a box that heavy could blow out in calm water. You learn something every day.lol

xb03

That sucks, 30lbs of crank baits? Thats a lot of crank baits lol. Don't you love to be able to go that fast though?

bc's xtb21

Yeah, being able to run that fast is awfully fun, it nearly made it not so bad to lose a bunch of my crap.lol. btw, it was mostly crank baits, im sure it contained a good bit of valuable junk I've accumulated.

Alli-drenaline Rush

And how. Been there. Dang that puts a dent in the morning adrenaline, don't it? :embarassed
Buzz bait on an open-faced rod / reel combo with the drag inadvertently set way too light...... wind catches the buzzbait first and when Davy subsequently catches that buzzbait it's all over but the cryin'..... indeed it does put a dent in the morning adrenaline!!!

shuddyssoup

I had a medium size cooler behind my seat. It was filled half way with ice and drinks. Got back to the dock. GONE ... Now the new cooler has turnbuckles on it. So far so good ... LOL