Look what was found in my BOAT

Morespeed4me

Well guys I go to have my water pump changed and guess what a rat has made a nest up on top of my motor chewed several wires to the copper and chewed several rags in my boat. Went and bought some rat poison but says it take three days to kill after the first feeding. So what have y'all used to keep mice or rats out of your boats? It is stored in a garage.
Thanks in advance
Paul

RedAllison

ONLY sure thing is a cat!!! Then you gotta whole new set of problems keepin the sticky fur, piss stankin things out of your boat.

:banghead
RA

BGohr

Have you ever seen those things you plug into a socket? It is supposed to send out a frequency that mice and rodents hate, you buy them at Home Depot, I have a building with a couple holes in it that we used to catch alot of mice in, I put 4 of them in a 50X40 building and haven't caught a mouse since.

The problem with the poison is after they eat it they'll crawl up in the boat somewhere in die.

Morespeed4me

I have one of those things you plug in, right behind my boat almost touching my motor. Maybe I need more of them. Somebody told me dryer sheets will keep them out!!! All I know is I got to keep them from getting into my toys.

Scott in MN

I have cut up soap bars and used dryer sheets and I still got mice. I think I am going to resort to setting a lot of traps and keep checking them......
Worst thing I found in my boat though was a 1 month old box of nite crawlers a buddy left under a console. Smell was gagging strong and a slime had oozed out into the carpet......

BGohr

Keep in mind those plugs ins have varying prices which vary the distance I bought the pricey ones and only have I think 4 in the building, they had some that were 8 or 10 in a pack and if you read the package you' see the cheap ones are only good for a much smaller radius, idon't know which ones you have.

pickwickangler

Had a few mice do some damage to my motor. I set a few traps with cheese and waited about 2 hours and I busted them lil bastages. I think the whole mouse deal wound up costin me about a grand :banghead

Last edited:

msharp

I haven't tryed it yet , but a guy told me to get some AMMONIA. put a few drops in the closed in place's around inside the bilge . Gona give it a try, they can cause some BIG problems .I think I could stand the Ammonia smell over the RAT PISS !!!!!

Lotus 50

I had a rodent chew my steering cables and my gas line. The steering cables are taped up, but eventually I'm sure I'll need to go hydraulic.

Brack

when I put my boat in storage,I put 3 cups with a few moth balls in each...one under the cowl,one on the rear deck and one on the front deck......kinda stinks a bit when I get the boat un-covered

Fishforcash

Moth balls work. The smell is strong at first but goes away pretty fast.

I had pack rats get in my vintage Correct Craft Ski Nautique and I had to re wire the entire engine compartment and half the boat, and re do the seat stuffing. I was livid, I caught the daddy in a cat trap and tortured the bastage for a week and he finally died. If I could have got a line in him I would have made it last a month. :LMAO:

fuzzbuzzeng

Moth balls work great, I put some in used margarine plastic tubs. Keeps all kinds
of vermin, animals and insects out of your boat... when you get in, replace the lids
on the tubs and go boating.

hack02

We went out to eat Mex tonight, Tues., and my wife said,"have you seen Sam, (our cat)"? I said I hadn't seen him since Sunday. When we got home I went out back to my building in the back yard where my boat lives. About the time I put my key in the lock I heard him cry. Been locked up since Sunday. Dang cat. He's a good one though. Kills anything around, year round. And it took forever yelling at him but he stays off the cars.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Mothballs work great, particularly if you throw them over your left shoulder.