Looking for Grand Sport Ski near SW Michigan

JWW

After owning 3 different Checkmates and 3 different Hydrostreams over the last dozen + years, I think it's time to look for a nice used Grand Sport. Needs to be able to pull tubes/skis. Prefer stock motor (or no motor), near SW Michigan. If anyone knows of any, I'd appreciate the heads up.

Thanks in advance,

JW

Last edited:
S

Scott Gilmore

I have an XS 2003 SKI for sale ..................drive it you'll like it OR NOT 95 /200efi/2.4 !!! Scott .........I'm thinking you ALWAYS find a reason NOT to buy an Allison !!

JWW

Scott, I want to come take a look at it. You in Michigan right now? Send me some digital pix? What color is it?

Hi Rick! Thanks for the link. I know Pops and Copper assemble a good motor, had one that I got from Copper that I put on the Instigator Yellow Vector. That motor in the GS near you sounds a little to 'hot' for my use, I'm looking for a laid back quiet stocker. Think he'd separate?

S

Scott Gilmore

Scott, I want to come take a look at it. You in Michigan right now? Send me some digital pix? What color is it?

Hi Rick! Thanks for the link. I know Pops and Copper assemble a good motor, had one that I got from Copper that I put on the Instigator Yellow Vector. That motor in the GS near you sounds a little to 'hot' for my use, I'm looking for a laid back quiet stocker. Think he'd separate?

No pics come to Grand Ledge Michigan & see it for yourself !! It's the ONLY all white (including winshield, wingtips & spears) ever made it's COOL . Scott............Call me I'll be @ the bar ALL day & night 517 749 2023

JWW

Thanks for the looky-see at Dave's GrandSport today Scott! I got home just in time before the 'ol lady showed up.............How long did you stay at the bar? :beer:

Last edited:
S

Scott Gilmore

Thanks for the looky-see at Dave's GrandSport today Scott! I got home just in time before the 'ol lady showed up.............How long did you stay at the bar? :beer:

I just got back !! Scott

JWW

I got another pair of PM's, one from Eastern Michigan and one from Illinois. I'll be following up soon.

One question, how do you add a ladder to the back of a GS?

JWW

I've looked at a one-step flip-down ladder that Glastron is putting on the back of it's cheapest boats, I'm wondering if that style would work too. Let's see a pic of your plate Rick!

whipper

JWW the only thing I would worry about with one of those step fold up latters is it hanging down by accident at 90mph! The sudden drag would spin ya round I think? If it folded on top and could be secured well that might work but an eye sore. A rope latter that can be stowed is what i think may be the the ticket. Just roll it out and and hook it to the rails on the swim step. Would fit under the middle seat.

citabriatom

Here's the poor man's ladder(when you have an Ally,why does everyone assume you're loaded?...LOL)
Anyway,I took an 80" peice of 2'' nylon strap(an old wench strap),overlapped it 4" and sewed it together.
You then put it around the swim platform railing and loop it through itself and let it hang in the water.The 2" width is easy on the foot(the only nylon ladders I've seen are 1").My wife wanted another handhold,so a 54" peice of 1" nylon strap was overlapped 2" and sewed together.This is looped over the ski pole.These dimensions are for our heights of 5'9" and 5'7",so you may need differant ones.It's low tech,cheap,and if you forget to take them off,cannot tangle in the prop nor affect handling.If you're wondering if this really works, remember,this makes it easy for a couple of 50+ year old people (who could stand to miss a couple of meals) to get in the GS in deep water.