Marine Tex how to guide...

amosXB03

Good information. I repaired some pretty good nicks in mine, right after I got her. Never done any fiberglass repairs before. I called and spoke with Darris and purchased a small tin of matching gel coat, and followed his instructions for mixing with hardner and application. Wet sanded and buffed. After a coat of wax I would bet no one else would find the repair. Darris was extremely helpful and offerd excellent advice.

Definately have to work quick, because it hardens in minutes.

Hydropromax

I use it on my BOBS Nose cone, this stuff holds way better than any other epoxy i've used, plus you can buy it at ACE hardware stores.

RedAllison

RA...are you just studyin' up so you'll be prepared to fix whatever you destroy at Fork next month?
DON'T wish that on me Ricky Bobby!!! :surprised :twisted evil

Actually while diggin around under the boat doin my bearing repair last weekend I found a gouge in the keel that is past the red gelcoat and down into the hull itself. I'm gonna patcher up once it warms up enough I can be sure it'll "pop" in 24 hours. I think I'm finta also get me a bow protector before summer time. The big barge already got more scratches along her keel line in one and a half summers than my XB03 had the whole 8 years I owned her. :banghead

But just you don't worry, STILL gonna be ready for Fork and my Suede and I gonna be dishin out da lessons on you candyazzez. :gone fishing
RA

pacman809

RA- Thanks for sharing. I need to rebuild the corners of my pad this spring. I have used Marine Tex in the past for some amazing challenges and was going to go that rout again.
Now armed with a little bit of knowledge - watch out!

pacman