May need your help Todd?

tharris003

Todd,

Hey, we sold the 2003xb w/ 250xs to Neal as you already know. We have a different kind of animal now, its a 23ft Glasstream 228 T.E. it has a 250 4 stroke Suzuki on it. It has a 16x23 3 blade suzuki prop and hits that rev limiter (6250rpms) at 58mph, suppose to run mid 60's dealer said 4 blade wanted to pull right and nothing else, that doesn't sound right, was thinking one of your 4 blades would be a good match. It is a stepped hull, and the prop is constantly wanting to bite(never does) and cavitates bad the least bit of turning at speed, I think we need a jackplate to get the motor lower, top of the blades are way above the pad of the boat. The dealer is suppose to send me a 25 or 26" 3 blade don't think that will fix the bite. Is this boat something you could help us with? Any insight and info would be greatly appreciated. I can post pics of hull, motor, etc. if that will help explain my situation.

Thanks,
Tommy

TBuck2003

Tommy,
Would love to help ya... Sounds like the motor needs to go down, for a couple of reasons.

1. The stepped hull is good but causes all sorts of bubbles back to prop.

2. Four strokes are Torque mongers and will try to slip almost any prop ( especially three blades)

3. Cavitating in turns is also a sign.

Suzuki made the props 16" for a reason !!!!! Water flow by the gearcase ( bigger) is the main one. The most luck I have had is with one of our Five blades 15" diameter. We need to get as many blades involved as possible to rectify problem. Give me a call... 330-425-3629,

TBuck