Mazco hub question

St

Hello!

A week ago I received my almost brand new Mazco re3 14,5x32 with 19 spline fat shaft welded hub.

As you can see on the attached pic to the left, there is some kind of plastic sleeve in the from half of the propeller hub (without it the hub wount have contact with the prop shaft except from the splines area).

I did'nt notice att first, but after putting the Mazco on the prop shaft and then take it off, the plastic sleeve came out of the hub (it stayed on the prop shaft due to the GREASE etc).

Question:

Is that plastic piece suppose to be loose? Has anyone else seen this before?

As ju can see on the pic to the right it seems like the older Mazcos have metal....

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

St

Just to specify my concern:

I use a fat shaft sportsmaster and there is nothing in front of the propeller when mounted, that will keep the plastic sleeve from sliding forward until it touches the gear case (which would be disastrous)...

I honestly don't think this will happen due to the fact the plastic sleeve fits pretty tight in the hub , but I don't want to do anything stupid until I know for sure everything is as it should?

Has anyone seen these typ of Mazco hubs??

TBuck2003

He bought those Fat Shaft hubs from us. What you can do is get a puller with tabs on the end to get plastic sleeve out. Clean with lacquer thinner hub and sleeve to remove all grease and oil residue. I use Gorilla Glue around the sleeve then tap in with a rubber mallet, and wipe off the excess. Let dry for 24 hrs. and go boating. Never had one come out done like that. If it does come loose it can get into prop shaft seal...

St

Thank you very much for your response! Very helpful!

I will go buy some Gorilla glue right away!