Merc 200 efi power head

bill

I have a Mercury 200 efi power head. Runs strong when it is running but will cut out and die without restarting for a few hours and sometimes start right up again . I just put new cdi regulators, stator and trigger on it and it,new rebuilt the pulse pump and cleaned the vst. It is still doing the same thing. Don't know what it is but I am swamped at work and don't have time to trouble shoot it. Anyway, I will sell it for $1,200 plus shipping if anyone is interested. Thanks

dwayne davis

I have a Mercury 200 efi power head. Runs strong when it is running but will cut out and die without restarting for a few hours and sometimes start right up again . I just put new cdi regulators, stator and trigger on it and it,new rebuilt the pulse pump and cleaned the vst. It is still doing the same thing. Don't know what it is but I am swamped at work and don't have time to trouble shoot it. Anyway, I will sell it for $1,200 plus shipping if anyone is interested. Thanks
Try power pack inside one get to hot and cuts out will come back after cools down my buddy's has same motor and that's the same thing his done

bill

Makes sense! I will give that a shot. Thank you Dwayne. I would like to keep it as a spare but got sick of messing with it. It runs strong for what it is. I will give it a try. Thank you

bill

Sorry mtolley, I haven't been on here in a while. I am going to have to keep this motor for a while. I bought a new promax power head and it burnt a piston 1 hour after break in. Thanks