metrodome

jimbob88

Rumor is Brett favre was sabotaging the metrodome cause he knew his start streak would end if game was played today. John s can confirm any other rumors.

RedAllison

Who's the Einstein who thought it was a good idea to put an "inflatable" dome in Minneapolis to begin with??? :confused:

:cuss
RA

John S

Who's the Einstein who thought it was a good idea to put an "inflatable" dome in Minneapolis to begin with??? :confused:

:cuss
RA
That thing has had many good years of service, with only a few small failures, this being by far the most catastrophic that I know of. Jimbob, I cant confirm or deny, but theres some rumors of some crazy coonass with a rope around his waist, pacing around the building, muttering, "Aint no shame in sabotaging the dome to get the hell outta here. Momma, Mississippi, here I come."

I would put more of the conspiracy on the bloodsuckers that want another new, public funded stadium. Why, in these booming economic times would they want to play in a stadium thats been paid for ten times over?....Insert eye roll here

hack02

Looks like the Monday night game will come to fruition. Alot of effort by alot of hardcore football fans.

FlatOutAlly

.......Why, in these booming economic times would they want to play in a stadium thats been paid for ten times over?....Insert eye roll here
Absolutely, John-Boy. Don't forget, the Dome is also probably the only stadium in the history of man-kind to come in UNDER budget. $68M was a steal, even at the time.

John S

Looks like the Monday night game will come to fruition. Alot of effort by alot of hardcore football fans.
Yup, theyve been working like mad to get the gopher stadium ready. The vikes should be playing there, anyways, but its too much a sacrifice to share a stadium. This will be one helluva sociology experiment, with open seating, no booze, and surely a few unforseen snags. Hopefully that "Minnesota Nice" thing will ring true. As for me, Ill be watching at the bar, warm and drunk...Its cold as hell, and I wouldnt go outside to watch the game if it was in my back yard. I hate the cold, I might be a closet southerner.