Mod. 700 remington.

andre

Looking for a used 700 short action. 243 308 or 7mm 08. Gun can be rough all i need is a action. Building a custom gun. If you know of one for sale let me know ,thanks.

RedAllison

andre did you ever find one?

Honestly the actions I've seen were always priced nearly as high as the complete gun itself. Usually a few old ADL/SPS 700s available at the local pawnshops for $300ish for donor parts.

I must admit I LOVE the 7-08. What a SWEETHEART round that thing is. 140 TSX Barnes will bore thru any whitetail alive and distance doesn't matter! :wink I used to have a Model 7 Mountain Rifle 7-08 back in the early 90s. Like a FOOL I let it get away, will NEVER make that mistake again! :embarassed

Lastyear I "built" a custom 7600 7-08 (lmtd edt from Grice's in PA) and put a custom from Leupolds Custom Shop on it. Was planning on it being my new "swamp rifle". But my youngest son begged for it and I gave it to him for his 12th birthday lastyear. What sweet & quick handling, naildriver that thing is. I didn't expect it nor need it to shoot tight at 300yds but being a 7-08 it DOES! I might take my boys for antelope in WY in a couple more years and he'll for sure take that bangstick with him.

motobuffy

You could look for a Reem. 722. Just an older version of the 700 and structurally just as strong and accurate.

andre

No Red i have not found one yet ,they are hard to come by .I will probably have to buy a new one to get a good action , hate to though because barrel and stock will be scraped. Got a Shilen select match barrel i got to turn down for a HS precision stock . It should be a shooter . If you come across something let me know and thanks.