moonlite usa

Bill Kemp

don't know if any of y'all have seen these blacklights but they are great for allison boats very small and ease to store and stick to the side of the boat like their glued on sorry about pic. size i do not know how to make them smaller the website on the box is not much help it's only gives you a email. the pic. is of a fullmoon light it cost 150.00 locally but you only need one per side.

BlackLights.

BlackLights 2.

Dark Allison

Yea I saw them. I'm getting one friday. :shock: They were out of stock at my local store till then.

Dark Allison

Dayum! Dem things is BADDDDDDDDDDDDD! Got mine today. I see alot of people will be going to them in the next few years.

froggy

1 bad 67,

Thanks for the tip. This is the future of night lites.

What is the vertical support, in your picture, that's between the two suction cups? It looks like it's bolted to the gunwhale.

Froggy

Bill Kemp

that is the power supply, it's a male and female phone jack the female portion is installed in the boat and wired to the battery the male jack just drops into it and the power comes on. all of the higher quality blacklights can be bought with these or the clip and cord. but you will have to drill 1/2" holes into the boat to install the female jacks.

Blue Gray in PA

If I read this correctly, you can buy these with a lighter end or alligator clips and not have to drill any holes right? If so, I might have to save up and try one myself. Is the light bright white or is it another color like pale blue or something easier on the eyes if you're on another boat?

Bill Kemp

yes they can be bought with the lighter plug or battery clips or the phone jacks. they come in fullmoon ( three ultra violet bulbs and one white bulb) or halfmoon ( two ultra violet bulbs and one white bulb ) or quartermoon which a do not know the bulb arrangment of. the fullmoon is what i have and one pre side of the boat is more than enough light to fish with and you better not look at it you will be blinded for a few seconds

fishmesser

Well I fished last night with these lights one light was more than needed. I fish with clear blue line year round and i could see my line. Looks like I will be spending more money. And the size of these think are small if i wasn't out growing my pants {GETTING FAT}i think i could put one in my pants pocket they are that small.

white03

Can't tell from the picture...do you have an XB2003??

On my XB2003 the flat surface on top of the sides is not wide enough for the suction cups; therefore, they will not stick.

Bill Kemp

no i have a xb2002 the suction cups are about 1 3/8 dia. they work on my buddies xb2003 but not as well as they do on my boat. with the phone jacks the light really does not need the cups just some rubber stops would work

moonliteusa

1" cup

If a 1" diameter cup will work you can buy at McMaster.com, part number 53535A22. Some hardware stores have stud mount suction cups. Be sure to get cup with at least 3/8" long stud with 8x32 threads. These cups are shorter overall so you will need to adjust them as long as possible depending on the height of your female jack. I don't have any of this size or I would send you some. You may be able to use the cup and tie wrap that is also included instead of the stud mount type cup. Thanks.