More XB21 headlight discussion.....constant on switch

GotMyAlly

Anybody re-rigged their headlights to use a constant on switch instead of the floor mounted intermittent switch?

Allyfishing

I had been thinking and researching this HID kit and replacing my lights and come to find out I have docking lights and not driving lights. I opted out of the more expensive light installation when I ordered my boat so the lights in mine now are what you are asking Neal. I have a pull switch down near my ignition and I just pull it out and the lights are on. no floor momentary button like on my 2+2. The bulb is just a globe looking thing embedded in a black piece of plastic. I ordered the housing and ring with bulb to convert mine to the driving lights without the floor button and dash mounted adjuster.

TB21

No , I just tied a good hi amp on/off toggle switch into the same wiring that goes to the foot momentary.....And with the HID ballast box I see no need for a relay .

GotMyAlly

I had been thinking and researching this HID kit and replacing my lights and come to find out I have docking lights and not driving lights. I opted out of the more expensive light installation when I ordered my boat so the lights in mine now are what you are asking Neal. I have a pull switch down near my ignition and I just pull it out and the lights are on. no floor momentary button like on my 2+2. The bulb is just a globe looking thing embedded in a black piece of plastic. I ordered the housing and ring with bulb to convert mine to the driving lights without the floor button and dash mounted adjuster.
I really hate the adjusters anyway. They are necessary, but it takes forever to go from all the way up to all the way down. I hope with the HID lights, there will be enough ambient light that I'll be able to set 'em and forget 'em.