My first successful tournament!!

Ocktane

I finally had redemption today! I fished the 2010 Mickelson Open on Lake Washington last October and blanked. Then fished the Silver lake open this past March and blanked... Well today I fished the 2011 Mickelson and low and behold my partner and I managed to catch fish! First time I've ever weighed in at a tournament so I was stoked. Total weight was only 6 lbs and 7 oz but I think we made the top ten!! (you eastern boys can get a good chuckled out of that all you want... bassin in western WA is tough!). Winning bag was only like 14 lbs or so. We missed the payout (first 7 places) by three and a half pounds so I was happy!

Also drew 2nd to launch out of the 32 boat field so I had a clean lake to run in the morning. Had a Pheonix with a 250 chase me the entire length of the 32,000 acre lake... never caught me :big grin. Did find out later that there was a bullet and a stroker on the lake with us so contrary to my original thought when looking at the fleet of cookie cutters, I was not the fastest of the field. Talking to them though, (bullet with a 250, stroker with a 225), neither had more than 2 or 3 mph top end on my XTB with a 150! All in all, what I'm trying to say is, Allisons rule!!! Have fun out there everyone, and tight lines!!

Last edited: