My next handgun...

whipper

Sweet! Now thats a big bore pistol if i ever saw one! That would be great for bear protction up hear insted of packen around a Defender all the time when your fishen. James

RedAllison

I'm pickin one up in the mornin... :twisted evil :big grin I called the folks I used to work for and they had a couple of the 3" and 6" black guns so I told em to put me a 3"er back and I'll pick it up in the a.m. I thought about waiting for a Titanium mag, but then thought "WTF for?" regardless which load it shoots it's gonna be BAAAAAAAAAD for both protection and snakes. I doubt I'll ever put .45 loads (I still want a nickle/pearl grips single action anyway) in it to begin with, I'll just fill it with .410s and carry it with me everywhere. (Will be AWESOME in the boat!)

:beer:
RA

ps
This is the kinda gun I can see Hillary outlawin, that's why I'm stockin up early!!! :razz

hack02

Holy cow. Thats a shotgun with a three inch barrel. Get hit with that bad boy and its gonna leave a mark.

whipper

Red will it just shoot the slugs or can it shoot the shot to? I agree with 410 all the way thats the hole point!:laughing I got cases of 410 slugs for my old side by side. Lots of fun. Why cheaper than the defender for just blowen up stumps.:big grin Mind you nothens better than a 3inch mag slug! Just getting like the gas prices for a box though! James

RedAllison

Whip watch dat last vid clip I posted!!!

For snakes, game etc shotshells with #9 are the ticket. For defense the 000 buckshot would be interesting. As for slugs, you'd be better off shooting the .45LC loads out of it.

I'm gettin one in the mornin, hopefully I'll get to shoot it this weekend! :beer:
RA

RedAllison

I got one this mornin!!!

I bought the 3" blued steel version. It is BAAAAAAAAAD azz, can't wait to shoot it. I bought some .45LC lead rounds for plinkin and testin and some 000 Buckshot .410 loads for carry!!!
I gotta find some 9 shot loads for snakeloads/boat carry.

The gun actually feels pretty good, the rubber "ribber" grip is comfortable and despite the long chamber (as long as the barrel) the gun balances very well.

I'll letchall know how it shoots as soon as I get a chance, :beer:
RA

Blue Gray in PA

Remind me not to get into your boat without advance permission. Seriously RA, that's one cool pistolero. My brother-in-law won a .50 cal S&W in a raffle. It kicks pretty hard and the ammo is expensive - but all guns are fun to shoot. Having that bad boy will definitely simplify what gun to carry when you travel or go to sleep at night...

RedAllison

lol BGP yep it's CERTAINLY gonna be hard to carry anything else now. As for actual conceal carry, I'll probably still keep my 9mm Kel-Tec in my pocket 99% of the time. But like you said, for travel, boatin, packin while wearin a coat, in the car etc... "Da Judge" is gonna be my companion!!! :beer: I "alllllllllllmost" used it tonight. We've gotta racoon that is living in the hedgerow between my house and our neighbors and he gets in our garage at night (I leave one of the doors slightly up for our cats) and he's been gettin in our trash in the driveway as well. Well tonight before dark I caught him out on the pool cover. I went inside grabbed "Da Judge" and a spotlight. About the time I came off the rear porch he scurried up a big pear tree beside the pool. I threw the spot on him and he was only about 15ft from the muzzle of "Da Judge" and it's loaded with 000 Buckshot! One shot of that sends 3 36cal rounds flyin at about 1200fps, that would be like gettin hit with 3 380acp rounds at once! :cuss But I could hear neighbors all around, lmao I didn't want them thinkin WWIII had just began so the lil "4 legged bandit" lives one more night. But I might go back out in a lil while with my 1000fps Gamo air rifle and give him a magnum pellet between the eyes! These critters better be happy that we live in the 'burbs. If I lived flatout in the country I'd be out LOOKIN for chit to shoot!!! :at the bar

Here come da judge, :razz
RA

LAAllison

I thought Jackson was flatout country. You know any of the Banks family up there. I was in the service with a fellow named Roy Banks from Jackson.

Art

Roll Tide

RedAllison

Nawp LAA I can't say that the name rings a bell.

J-town aint Memphis but it's 100K with county/city folks and lol my neighbor on the otherside of that coon was playin tennis in his backyard. LOL he's a lil dude, a doctor from somewhere in the far east. LMAO he'da crapped his pants and corraled his family if I'da torched off "da judge" while they were back there.

lol tho today at lunch I ran into the neighbor behind me and he's a gun nut to. I told him what was goin on and he told me his dogs have been goin crazy at night. He said I shoulda FIRED DAT COON UP!!! :beer:

Heck I just might grab da judge, a spotlight and go out tonight!!! :laughing
RA

RedAllison

lmao, boy THAT didn't take long. I GOT HIM!!! :laughing

I "concieved me a plan" :confused: I turned on the floodlights in the back yard over the pool (fires up the pool area) and then I stuck two fresh Dominoes pizza boxes from supper right alongside the pool for bait, I figgerd if he wudnt already in my trashcans he was still in the trees between my house and the neighbors. I grabbed my .22 Ruger 10/22 rifle and a 6v spotlight and "took wait" in the shadows along my privacy fence! :razz

I lurked maaaaaaaybe 10 minutes in the shadows when I saw the ol "masked bandit" himself up on the roof of my house and outside my kids windows! (He's already clawed 10" holes through two of the windows, my kids aint been sleepin well as a result!) So he was about 35-40yds away and clueless to my whereabouts. I was in the dark and he was in the floodlights so I had the upperhand and he was shinin in my crosshairs. I waited until he had brick behind him and WHAMMO he got a hot hollow point for his troubles!!! I can tell I been shootin to many deer over the decades. I cut his front landing gear out from under him! :smile He sprawled out and flopped and rolled a few times and tried to climb back up the roof on his "rear tires". Once he faced me again, WHAMMO he gotta nutter hollowpoint in the chest. LOL the lil fellow tried to hang on, he rolled down the roof and hung on the gutter for a second by one paw. Then he came CRASHING down into the bushes around my back porch.

The lil .22 didn't make much racket either. My wife was inside on the phone and she didn't hear me shoot either time. I could hear some kids shootin b-ball across the street behind me and I could hear them talking. After my shots they didn't even quit shootin so I reckon the po-po aint been called on me yet!!!
RA

Blue Gray in PA

Sounds like you had a good plan and it worked out well RA. I prefer using .22 shorts or ABC's in a long rifle. That kills the sound pretty well and is more fun than the 1000fps pellet rifle....

RedAllison

BGP I considered the air rifle at first, but I knew I'd have to get a headshot within 20 yds to assure an instant kill on something the size of a coon so that's why I decided to go with my 10/22. I've shot ALOT and sold TONS of 10/22s over the years but man I gotta brag on mine. I bought it from my step-brother a couple years ago when he was makin room in his gun safes and I didn't know what to expect. After I stuck a scope on it, laser bore sighted it and then run some round through it I knew I had a special one! :beer:

Hey I shot "The Judge" yesterday. Ran some 000Buckshot, #6shot and .45LCs through it. My 11 year old even shot it. The gun is SWEEEEEEET and actually more accurate with the .45LCs than I would have dared dream of. It's more accurate than any of the old single action/cowboy .45s I've ever shot (inside of 20 yds anyway, didn't shoot over that with it). As expected, with the .410 loads that thing is DEVASTATING!!! :cool

I pity the fool who chooses to test me and "da judge" with the 000Buckshot loads in it for carry!!! :laughing
RA

RedAllison

Moon I think Taurus' "MSRP" for the blue and black guns is in the $500ish range and the SS guns are $550. I haven't seen a MSRP for the 3" (magnum chamber I'm talkin about, not barrel lgth) which is a titanium gun, but I would guess it to be a couple hundred more. The store I bought mine at (3" brl blued steel) had theirs stickered at $389 for the 3" guns and I think the 6" guns were $419. That's about as low as I've seen them, I think most folks have them listed in the $400-$450 range.

Simply an AWESOME gun, I can't think of a better personal defense weapon than a 5 shot revolver with a 3" barrel that shoots 000 Buckshot!!! :beer: Most self defense trainers/experts will tell you that the shotgun is THE preferred weapon for home defense because of the power with the only downside being the size and length of the weapon for using around corners and the barrel being able to be grabbed by an intruder.

But "da Jurdge" aint got dat problem, they grab dat barrel you just pull da trigger. I PROMISE they will let go in a REAL hurry!!! :twisted evil
RA

TN XB-21

RA,

Are you carrying the new PF-9 9mm Kel-Tec?? I am carrying the Kel-Tec P-3AT .380 which I like but I would like a 9mm instead of the .380.

I would like to carry my Sig 239 but it is a bit to big for summer carry. I sure love my Sig!! :smile

RedAllison

Dennis I can't remember the model # of my lil 9 Kel-Tec, I wanna say it's a P-11???

It's nothing new, mines a few years old. I wouldn't want to serve in Orange Mound on the MPD with the KelTec as my primary weapon, but for backup or a pocket pistol they are GREAT lil guns and you can't beat em for the money. Another thing I like about them is they are actually NOT a cheap import. (I had to constantly remind customers, they just assumed they were imports based on their price.) They are made in FLA, it's amazing they can build a decent lil gun like they do and keep the price so low. The lil .380 is definitely the easiest totin lil pocket pistol on the market. I just gotta steal on my 9 from a buddy so that's how I ended up with it vs the .380.

BUT if/when I have the chance to easily carry "The Judge" you can bet it's goin along for the ride (rides shotgun in the truck ALL the time!). I can't think of ANYTHING better for stopping someone than 5 shots of .410 000 Buckshot!!! :beer: That's the eqivalent of 3 .380 rounds at ONCE! :cuss

LOL I tell folks, "Just pull the trigger and call the next of kin!!!"
RA

TN XB-21

RA,

I bet it is a P-11. I have both the 32 and 38 versions ( P-32 and P-38). I agree these are great guns. They both are very accurate at a close distance as well. Again, if I was in a gun fight I would rather have my Sig 239 but as a practicle matter of carrying in the summer the Kel Tec P-38 is hard to beat.

I want to take a look at this new 9mm version since it also appears light etc for a 9mm. They say it is a good carry weapon and I don't doubt it based on my previous experience with their guns. I would rather have the 9mm than the .380 as well.

Below is a link to the info on the new 9mm as well as the links on the side of this one on all their weapons.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pf9.html

Almost time for the Rally!! I can't wait to see what you and Todd do with my rig!! Neal now says he definitely will be there friday and Sat. and may get in Wed night to get on the water Thurs.:relax:

See you there.

RedAllison

Yep Dennis, I had lunch the other day with him at Hooters and have basically talked him into coming up after work Wednesday night and stayin with me thru Sunday mornin. Andy (Pickwickangler) is supposed to be comin up Wed or Thur as well and stayin with us thru Sunday morn. So "west TN" should be represented purty good! (I hate Jeffro and LuLu can't make it but they got other things poppin up so it won't be da same wifout em! :very sad )

DAMN I'm ready, :beer: :at the bar
RA

ps
And you RIGHT we gonna get dat sled ROLLIN, screw 70... I'm gonna shoot for 75 outta yo SS Kittyhawk!