My son with a good smallmouth

SmallJaw

This is about the average sized good fish we expect to catch in a nights fishing on Pickwick. On a good night we'll get 3 or 4 this size and maybe a bit larger. This one caught by Trevor was from late last summer. I'm waiting patiently on warm nights!

Attachments

RedAllison

SJ you taken reservations? :big grin

I have a condo in Yellow Creek but I just very rarely make it south of Bear Creek. I'd LOVE to hookup with you down on the "brown side" of Pickwick one night this summer?

LUV them ol brown fish!
RA

SmallJaw

SJ you taken reservations? :big grin

I have a condo in Yellow Creek but I just very rarely make it south of Bear Creek. I'd LOVE to hookup with you down on the "brown side" of Pickwick one night this summer?

LUV them ol brown fish!
RA
That is some awesome beautiful country where you have your condo Red. I'd love to hook up and go fishing this summer. Early in the summer I will fish above the Trace most of the time but as the temperature of the water gets hotter I'll move on down the lake towards JP Coleman. I do fish BB some but the last few years I just haven't been able to get any really good fish out of there. You are in some big fish country down in the Yellow Creek area. I used to fish around Stateline Island a good bit. Caught some really good ones in that area. I didn't catch many in a night's fishing in that area but the quality was good. Just stay in touch and we'll make a trip out of it when the water gets into the mid-60's at night. That's when it gets fun sho'nuff!:smile

SmallJaw

Re: !

Smallies are tops in my book. That's a real nice fish!!!!Much nicer than normal up here.
I'll fish for largeheads but only when I have to or when it's too cold to go at night for smallmouth. The big girls don't like to play in the daytime as much as they do at night on Pickwick. Not for me anyway. A couple of years ago I had a 2 hour window where I had 18 smallmouths over 3 pounds; 3 went over 5 including a giant that was 7 pounds. Last summer in a wildcat tourney me and Trevor were fishing and I hit the jackpot once again. I was catching them faster than Trevor could cull the 3+ pounders I was jerking in the boat. It got plumb funny watching him try to figure out which fish to toss back. In about 15 minutes I had 3 limits with the largest just over 5-8, and a bag of fish that was a tad below 20#. That's the way we used to catch them all the time down there. I am hoping and praying it gets back that way again. The size limit has to help some. I just wish it was 18" instead of 14".:smile