Navionics or LakeMaster????????????

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I need a map card for my new HB 798ci HD. I am trying to decide which ne to buy. No one I know has any experience with the different ones. SO, heres what I think I know about them please correct me if I am wrong. SO, those of you that know about these map cards please share.

Navionic's Hot Maps Premium South region.
I live in Georgia and the unit I have wont run the Platinum card. SO, If I buy a the regional card it would be the south region in Premium. There are a lot of lakes that are HD.

Navionics +
I really like this option better than the Hot Maps South. It will give me the ability to get a real sonar chart for the rivers here I fish that have no depth data. It shares everything I map with anyone with the same Navionics + access. No one else is mapping the rivers here so, I would be a one man operation.

Lake Master
Cheaper than Navionics but less lakes and less lakes HD mapped.

Lake Master Auto chart.
I like this one better than the navionics because it lets you see what you have mapped and what is missing. Plus, with the right unit you can over lay your sonar onto the map (S.I., D.I.) The maps are not shared with a community. I like that aspect of mapping better. I don't know if this will work with my HB 798ci HD.

fnshrmaster

Great question that I also would like to know the answer to. I am running the 858di and a 596di out front. Leaning towards lake master.

I think I will move the 858 out front and go SI at the helm this year. Not sure if I will use the SI that much but the bigger screen is really nice.

Dave Hensley

Great question that I also would like to know the answer to. I am running the 858di and a 596di out front. Leaning towards lake master.

I think I will move the 858 out front and go SI at the helm this year. Not sure if I will use the SI that much but the bigger screen is really nice.
Get an XB2002 with a go fast motor and you can leave all that electronic crap at home....

GotMyAlly

I just upgraded from a 997 to a 998 so that I can run LakeMaster on mine. I've ran Navionics for years, since I bought my first 997 probably 10 yrs ago. But around here, I believe LakeMaster is better. From what I've seen, it has better detail on the lakes I fish. That's why I'm making the switch....

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Stay the hell away from LakeMaster Auto Chart. My **** don't work right and Hummingbird cant even tell me what to do. Buy Navionics + if you want to do some sonar mapping. But, its mine now......................

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Some dude showed up on BBC and is a master with Auto Chart. Glad I didn't sell it before he got ahold of me and let me know what was wrong and how to fix it. Here is my first sonar map. There are no maps of the this river. Check out this sweet little channel I found.

hullbilly

Some dude showed up on BBC and is a master with Auto Chart. Glad I didn't sell it before he got ahold of me and let me know what was wrong and how to fix it. Here is my first sonar map. There are no maps of the this river. Check out this sweet little channel I found.

What was the trick to getting this to work with your unit? I run a 798hd si and a 998. The bayou I live on doesn't have mapping, and I've been looking into having the capability to do my own mapping.