Need High-Resolution image of This Allison Photo

XB03AllyProud

That is a awesome one. Frozen yet so fast. I recently been pulling images of my past boats and vehicles to blow up for my shop/ man cave. Unfortunately most of my best personal boat pics are normal film photos from 90's and won't do justice once doubled in size much less blown big as I would like on our home copier/ photo printer. I have one of a Sprint STV I had that wife took in 95 or so, boat is 100 yds away or more. I have it zoomed a bit in the image attached. I had her setup on tripod and she'd yell at me if I needed more trim and I'd do it again till I got scared to go over. I have several of the XB2003 I had prior to the XB02 I have now but I'm only doing mid 80's. I had wife take them from a peninsula on Lake Barkley with a 10meg Canon but the copies I have she resized back at that time to email and only 562K. I'd make passes by her an she took probably 30-40 but only a couple good ones. I wasn't going for top end but looking for attitude/ setup with a recreational fishing load.
What about some of the online services- Shutterfly etc. can they do anything. I just started a couple weeks ago on this quest as just getting interior setup in shop. I was going to research/ see if a service like that could do anything to help. Anyone use or have knowledge if a 3x5 photo can be blown to 4-6 times larger? Or what resolution is required for a certain size of blown up image?

Attachments

CarolinaBurt

Thanks for the replies and additional photo submissions. I really like that Team Jaco photo because of the awesome vapor pool just behind the cowling. Something about this photo screams "hauling A" to me. I suspect these were part of the record runs Jaco/Allison ran in the early 2000's - someone out there has them!

Thanks again...Gordon

dubmoney

Roy, Good to see you are still kickin!! Here is a link to video I took last night, I need to change the mount a little so my ugly mug isn't in the shot, but this is your old boat stretching her legs. I just got a 30 ET, and I don't think it runs as good as the 28, but still have some set up to do.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Roy, Good to see you are still kickin!! Here is a link to video I took last night, I need to change the mount a little so my ugly mug isn't in the shot, but this is your old boat stretching her legs. I just got a 30 ET, and I don't think it runs as good as the 28, but still have some set up to do.

I got to play on the Willamette once, ran up to Willamette Falls, nice little ride. What camera and mount are you using? That's a nice clear video.

dubmoney

Brian, I tried the elastic head gear from gopro and it doesnt hold the camera steady enough at 100mph. So I bought a bike helmet with a rachet strap to keep tight on my head and mounted a helmet mount on the side out of the wind, thus the side of my face in the shot. I will figure out how to get my mug out of the shot. The camera is the gopro hero 7 black shot in 4K with super stability on. The youtube video is only 1080p and doesnt have the wide format of the original. It looks way better on my 4K tv.

RiverRat71

Dadgum Money, I cant stop watching this vid. I like to watch real wheeling! She looks like she is a handfull but will haul, LOL! RR