Need right prop for 2003

JohnT3

I am getting ready to buy the correct prop for my 2003. It currently has a 25 Preditor on it that came with the boat. Running a 97 200 EFI Pro Max. Motor is stock but evidently the limiter has been change or drilled out. I can turn it up to 7000 rmp if I want with two people and a fishing load. (to many for a stock 200) I GPS ed the speed with just myself (light fishing load) turning about 6,300 or 6,400 rpm at 77 mph. Was getting ready to buy one from Allison until Bill told me they were having problems with the new Trophy props slinging ears and were not selling anymore until Merc gets the problem fixed. The other prop that I understand that will preform well is the Hydromotive Quad IV OT. I have owned the rig about eight months. I strickly fish (i weigh 190 and my partner is about 250 lbs.) and want the prop for those purposes but want it to perform where it should be. If I can get low to mid 80"s I will be a happy ALLI owner. I think it should do this with the right set up. Oh yea, I have a CLE two hole lower unit.
Do any of you fellow ALLI owners have anything that you would be willing to part with that would perform on my rig? Any suggestions who might? I am looking for something no more than the $500 range max.
Thanks in advance guys

jeffy

I have a 28 hydromotive ot-x labbed finished cut down to 13.75 diameter, running on my 2003 with 225 promax cle lower at 7000 rpm ran 87 gps, prop is in perfect condition I would take 500.00 shipped tyd.

jas638

Banned
hoss, hoss ,hoss!!!! 14.25x28 pitch hyperdrive.!!!! will carry the load and top end. i have a beauty!!! can send pics!!! well within your price range shipped.hoss props are made for ally's. Dave"hoss"Bostic still runs his ally mid 90's . he is in his seventies!!! great guy , he fine tunes em tooo!

Last edited:

xb03fs

From my experiance which is short but I like to think I spend a lot of time in my xb2003 with a 200 EFI (200 promax ECU, premix, TDR reeds) last year. I burned enough gas to go through 9 gallons of oil mixed at 40:1

Hydromotive Quad OT 28P(cleaver style blades) easiest to drive prop period took a little time to get the right height 2nd best acceleration Best Speed 82.5 only 5900 rpms, I now have a 27 waiting to be tried...........

Hydromotive Quad X-OT 26P My heavy loaded prop, most forgiving prop load it up and it carries it well, 3 best acceleration, will get out of the hole no matter what is in the boat Best Speed 83.9 I still own

Hoss, I only tried one- it accelerated VERY well best acceleration by far, did not come out of the hole that great but once on top wow. Did not topend as well as either of the hydromotive and it was a 27, it took quite a while to dial in the correct hieght to run on top best speed 81.7 sold

24 Trophy a lot like an X-OT but with worse holeshot and acceleration cracked but I bought it used, 71 with 4 people in the boat.........probably why it cracked traded

TXP OT4 ran well except up top, had to run it much higher than other props to make it perform so I sold it 76 with 3 in the boat, never aired it out light as I was not comfortable airing it out that early in the season or at that engine height sold

26 Chopper Prop- carries a load well, not as easy doesn't come out of the hole as well didn't test it light it didn't handle as well as other props didn't speed enough time testing it was a borrowed prop 78

24 Chopper 75 with 3 in the boat borrowed prop although I have come into another that I took on a trade...not sure if I am selling or keeping for playing

I have also aquired a 24 Hydro X-OT and 23 TRO4 to use as ski props
That is my experience

Last edited:

DS77

26 Offshore cut will also work very... well it will hloe shot like a 24 mid range like a 26 & top end like a 28 DS77

xb03fs

Not sure if there are bad props just ones that do what you want done better than others

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still say it's hard to beat a good trophy plus. I run a 26 on my boat and love it. I did hit ground with it last year and sent it off to DAH and I really love it now. Hard to beat for an all around prop bang for the buck.

suicidealli

trophys run decent, but not the fastest by any means. if you turn them some rpm's they will throw blades. i tried one once, and i could feel the prop blades flexing at biggger rpm's. i wont ever run one. i think they are more meant for 6500 rpm's or less. JMO
i heard darris wont sell them anymore so many are breaking. i has always said they run good til they break..

roy

aaronmt

Trophy plus is hard to beat for the money.Ive ran a lot of them and spun in them to 7500 almost every time out.Living on the puget sound we can have a lot of debrie and a sharpend prop is short lived.Ive run trophys in the mid 90's with no problem what so ever.The ones Darris sells are Ally cut arent they?I would think that would weeken the prop some what.All the trophys ive run have been stock,other then my 25 was blueprited.Great props for the money.