New Allison Steering Wheel...

JETZ

As soon as I got my SS, I changed mine, never liked the stocker.

Frank

Last edited:

chad202

I bought a fancy sports car steering wheel from italy that was only 300.00. I'll stick with the better looking aftermarket.

allimax

I can't say I'm overly crazy about the stile but I'll bet Darris went with it for function. There's very little obstruction compared to most wheels so you can see through it to your gauges better. Can someone tell me exactly what the red button all the way to the right of the switches is? Circuit breaker or maybe kill switch?

fnshrmaster

I can't say I'm overly crazy about the stile but I'll bet Darris went with it for function. There's very little obstruction compared to most wheels so you can see through it to your gauges better. Can someone tell me exactly what the red button all the way to the right of the switches is? Circuit breaker or maybe kill switch?
I really like it, and may end up getting one, it's just that there are so many other things I want to do to the boat also. I have a list that I have been slowly crossing off, not ready to add anything else to it yet.

catfish123

I don't care for that new wheel at all. I wouldn't do an even swap with my 15 year old OEM wheel for the new one. Of course, these things are always just a matter of opinion.

allimax

Horn??? Now there's a novel idea. I'm sure none of The Allison guys ever have a problem with boat traffic in the way.

LakeAnna

I don't care for that new wheel at all. I wouldn't do an even swap with my 15 year old OEM wheel for the new one. Of course, these things are always just a matter of opinion.
X2 on that one Bob! Looks just like the wheel in my friends new tritoon. :confused

JWW8

That is the horn button

thegoop

As soon as I got my SS, I changed mine, never liked the stocker.

Frank

Frank, is your steering hub 5 or 6 bolts? I have a 6 bolt hub with a 6 bolt grant wheel and would like to add the Allison center cap and bezel. The older Allison center bezels have 5 visible bolts on the face but yours has no bolts visible, which is making me think I can hide any mods underneath on a mounting plate. Are the Allison parts for a 5 bolt hub only? Thanks. Colin